• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for a picture of a 1968 factory sticker

bztz4m

I am creating a story board for the Knott's show showing the old and new GT/CS and with the help of joedls he has given me permission to use his car in my story board. Now what I am looking for is a picture of a 1968 GT/CS factory sticker showing the price for the car so if anyone has a picture that I can use that would be a great help. You can either post it in this thread or PM me the picture.

Thanks again.

P

PNewitt

You might want to include a partial image of the '68 GT/CS Brochure.

"Mosesatm" posted the photos of a brochure here a while ago (someone might know the thread, and URL). You can download (& reduce) the images, and make a nice sign.

Be sure to check with the Knotts folks, 'cause some time ago that said "no signs". Although, if you put it on your windshield, or side window, I can't see a problem.

What a neat idea! Thanks for preserving our heritage!!

Paul N.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

Yeah you are right Paul I just checked the registration form and it does say that "No Display Boards allowed" Oh well it was a good idea any way. Maybe the next car show that I go to.

P

PNewitt

Well, hold on 'dere, partneh!....

The whole fiasco about "no signs" was because many years ago, someone had a big sign on a tripod near the front of their car, and someone came by (or was it a dog?), and "KLUNK!" knocked it over, and it hit the fender of the next car, and wham! That was the end of that.

I think you could probably make a sign about the size of your passenger door window, and tape it to the inside of the glass.

I don't see a problem with that. Maybe even tape it to the inside back window? I think the other problem was too many "for sale" signs, too. It was looking like KNOTT'S used car lot.

I bet Diesel Donna would know....(take it away, Donna!!!....)

Paul N.

Mosesatm

Here is the brochure Paul mentioned.

If you'd like me to e-mail the .pdf file to you just let me know.

"Mosesatm" posted the photos of a brochure here a while ago (someone might know the thread, and URL). You can download (& reduce) the images, and make a nice sign.

Paul N.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bztz4m

Here is the brochure Paul mentioned.

If you'd like me to e-mail the .pdf file to you just let me know.

I saved the picture online but you can also email me as well to have a backup.

Thanks for your help.

Ron

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

Well, hold on 'dere, partneh!....

The whole fiasco about "no signs" was because many years ago, someone had a big sign on a tripod near the front of their car, and someone came by (or was it a dog?), and "KLUNK!" knocked it over, and it hit the fender of the next car, and wham! That was the end of that.

I think you could probably make a sign about the size of your passenger door window, and tape it to the inside of the glass.

I don't see a problem with that. Maybe even tape it to the inside back window? I think the other problem was too many "for sale" signs, too. It was looking like KNOTT'S used car lot.

I bet Diesel Donna would know....(take it away, Donna!!!....)

Paul N.

Well I may just print off my VIN information and place it on my dash. But I will see what I can come up with.