• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Electricle under hood (Wiring question)

BOSS3024ME

So the disassemble continues and I was wondering if the harnesses that enter the engine bay are plugged in somewhere?

As you may or may not know my car had a very small carb fire which made some of the wires crisp and I would like to replace the harness under the hood but I see it goes through the firewall and does not "plug in" to the firewall.

Any information would be appreciated!

Best Regards

Paul

Ruppstang

There are plugs just inside of the firewall grommet. Just in front and to the left of the fresh air vent.
Marty

x-codegtcs

+1 on the Jim Osborne manual...

There are two possible connection locations 1) Near the center - just over the gas pedal "brackets/arms" in the engine bay, there may be two different wires - one is A/C if you have it and the other is for a neutral safety switch for automatics. If it is a manual, then there is a plug that loops the circuit and just dangles. both of these plug on the engine side. 2) On the driver side, there is a large harness that feeds to the head lamps, turn signals, fog lights, marker lights, horns, and starting solenoid. These all connect inside the car to the main harness. All the connections are color coded so swapping should be pretty straight forward.