• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Submit your pics for the 2007 Calendar!

Jayscal

Jon can't you extend this for another week so we can have more entries, I want to get my pic today but the weather may not hold out. Last year we had the same issue with getting entries, and you extended the time frame.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I can maybe wait a day or two, but not a week. These calendars take a lot of time to put together. We have to vote for a couple of weeks, then I organize and create all the pages, then I wait for proofs, then tweak and send out for final printing. And I'm out for part of next month so I need to get them going now to be ready in time for the holidays.

Last year I extended the deadline by 2 days, which is what I did this year too. If I extend it to Tues will anyone else be able to enter? I really can't go beyond that. Sorry.

68gt390

Jon;
If you feel you've got enough photo's for the calander than I'm going to pass. If you feel you need more photo's let me know and I'll send one in. I prefer to pass and let someone else get into the calander this year.

Don :wink:

hookedtrout

hcsstang said:
Went out to the battlefield and made some pictures but somebody cleaned the camera out.

Isn't it amazing how easily disposed pictures have become, and how much they can clutter up a PC!

Cory

luisa2552

Jon, can you maybe post a list of names of those who sent pics and they are usable? Mine was a 35mm pic I emailed- want to make sure it will be usable in the calander (I'm being hopeful here!)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, here's the current list. Lots of people submitted last minute, so the calendar's definitely a go now. Thanks everyone!

Gary Martin
CALIF GIRL
joedls
luvmycs
davidathans
390cs68rcode
Jayscal
Ken
Kurt Houle
mmarsalone
Nathan Butler
PFSlim
PNewitt
gtcs1
TheBlkPearl
Rex Minert
Russ Furstnow
luisa2552
rvrtrash
obsidianspider
hcsstang

If I listed your full name it's because I don't have your forum username. Please PM or email me so I know.

Last edited:

PFSlim

Sounds great!! I am grateful that everyone got their pictures in so we can have a calendar this year. I am looking forward to seeing the cool pictures of the cars this year!!

Let the voting begin!!!

Paul

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
All the pics have been submitted and I'll get the voting started tonight.

PFSlim

Could not say it better Jason. I can remember that we had a big problem with that last year. Let's try to do better. Only one vote per person would make Jon's job a lot easier.

Paul

obsidianspider

Oops. I didn't realize that there was an issue last year, I was just trying to bring some humor to the situation.

Is there a way to display who voted, or to keep it so you can only vote once? Not sure how the forum software does polling.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Last year we were on the old forum software. With the new software it's much easier and members can only vote once. No hanging chads this year.:grin: