• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted: 1968 GT/CS project S-code/ J-code

classicsguy

I have placed this ad before but here it is again,maybe I will have more luck this time.
Looking for a project GT/CS prefer S-code or J-code car.4 speed prefered or auto also considered.No show cars. Prefer project or driver also considered.
Please e mail at classicsguy@prtc.net if you have one or know about one for sale.Thanks

mrhotrod78

My friend had me list his project "J" code on ebay. check out the auction, it's item number 190001988143 or try clicking on the link below to get directed to the ebay listing. Yes there is a reserve, but my friend just gave the okay to bring it down. I might bring it down as soon as I get the Marti Report for it. The report was ordered on Friday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=190001988143&ih=009&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

The most important thing is that The Marti report verifies that is a true GT/CS OR HCS. Post as soon as you receive report and what options does the car have. THANKS

mrhotrod78

okay, as of right now i am still waiting for the Marti Report. I ordered it on fri so I might get it by this fri or maybe later ? I have had a lot of offers so far....

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Kevin Marti has a rush service for reports. You pay $10.00 extra dollars and they will fax it to you same day.then they send original by mail.Since the car is on auction you might as well benefit from that service.

390cs68rcode

mrhotrod78 said:
okay, as of right now i am still waiting for the Marti Report. I ordered it on fri so I might get it by this fri or maybe later ? I have had a lot of offers so far....

you might as well sell it to the guy in Houston, he is a good guy.

mrhotrod78

Yeah I talked to Tim eariler today, he sounds like a good guy. He knows his stuff. Im still working on trying to talk to my friend who owns the CS, and he wasn't home all day today. As soon as I find something out I will give Tim a call.

quicknick

What happened to the "C" code car you were going to purchase Luis? Did the deal fall through?

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I finally purchased the C-code Candyapple red California Special.When previous owner returns from trip on July 4th we will transfer the title into my name and then its off to Florida to a Mustang restoration shop to make it perfect in order to enjoy it until I get to purchase that elusive S-code GT/CS that I have been trying to get for the past 4 years!!

Nathan

Florida Restoration Shop

I'm in Florida and I may need to send my CS to a good restoration shop some day. Let me know the name and location of the shop so I can file it away for the future.

And let us know how their work turns out - pictures, please!

Nathan

mrhotrod78

MartiAutoWorks results are in....... It is confirmed by Kevin Marti that my friend's 68 mustang is a true California Special. I took pictures of the report so that you view it. Pics are posted below.

S2010344.jpg

S2010340.jpg

S2010341.jpg

Canuck CSter

4 years is alot of time, s code in Ottawa if wanted

classicsguy said:
I finally purchased the C-code Candyapple red California Special.When previous owner returns from trip on July 4th we will transfer the title into my name and then its off to Florida to a Mustang restoration shop to make it perfect in order to enjoy it until I get to purchase that elusive S-code GT/CS that I have been trying to get for the past 4 years!!

Gatorbait

I am also interested in which Florida shop you chose, why you chose it, and any other info you have about them.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

The Restoration shop in Florida is: Classic Creations of Central Florida,they are in Lakeland. Its a Mustang specialized shop with nearly 30 years of experience in dealing with Mustangs. Its owned by a couple named Merv and Pat Rego. Great Mustang people to deal with.They are a small shop but do great work and at very reasonable rates. Have contacted about 6 references and all of them excellent.they specilaize in Rust repair but do everything,interior suspension and they have a guy that paints all their cars and work is superb. Their website is:www.classiccreationsfl.com
hope this helps. My newly acquired California Special will leave this month for their shop. Glad to be of help with this!!!