• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Opinions on this car.

coloradoHCS

Salvage title, stolen some time in the past. I wonder what parts are stock. If a GTCS/HCS was stolen you know they would take all the special parts. Grill and hood not correct for that reason?? By the way klmore, love your car, Mark.

njmop

I'd like to meet the guy that gave the $600.00 estimate to fix that car! The entire tail section (if it is indeed original), could cost waayyy more than that to purchase and repair (if you buy original parts). Built in the correct DSO, but no hood pins, wrong grille and no fog lights...who knows if it is indeed original.

390cs68rcode

cost for parts for this car

trunk lid $275??
taillight panel $150
lens $60
lens bezel $75
light housing $125
bumper $90
valence $65
bumper brackets $80
inner taillight panel?? $125
stripe kit $75
paint $750
labor to install all the above $750

$2640 to fix

my gut feeling says this is not a CS.

OP
OP
K

klmore

This guy is either a scammer or does know the first thing about a CS.

I emailed him about the fog lamps and a Marti report and this is the answer I received.

"the lamps umm i dont no "

I say scam.

jk89cat

poorly done, wrecked clone , if your gonan build one of these cars, why would you not have the blacked out grille and the foglights ? and not bother adding the stripes ?

DSO51

Conventional wisdom indicates that anyone that is seriously thinking about buying a GT/CS or HCS should spend the ~$20 and get the Marti pulled. Smalll investment for such a major consideration.

Just my $.02

Craig

68gt390

How many times has it been posted on this very site - "Do Your Homework". Invest in a Marti report (one of the best tools you can have) first off and you can't loose. Remember the old adage - "Buyer Beware". Once you've got the report than it's simply figuring out if that particular car has what you want and is it in your price range. Seems like a pretty simple process of deduction to me. Yet there are those who go out there looking for a car with no clue how to go about it. And that is what these types of seller's are looking for.

Don ::)