• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 GT/CS Center Console

twoclassics

I have a problem with a center console, the top pad has been repaired in the back, looks like someone in the back seat tried to eat it. Are the factory consoles that came with the cs the same as all other 68 mustangs or cougars. It looks like I could just get a top pad if they are all interchangeable

bbeatty

The console for a GT/CS is the same for any other 68 Mustang with a similar transmission.

There is a difference in the padded piece of a console that runs between the seats for an automatic verse a manual. IIRC, the cougar console will interchange given you're dealing with the same transmission. The top piece or the piece by the radio on a cougar is different.

BTW, if you’re in need of a new console top for a manual transmission, be prepared to pay big bucks. :eek:

Finally, did I miss something here? Did you buy a GT/CS?

390cs68rcode

i have a top soft piece for a 68 lower console for a automatic. it has a small split in it and very presentable. Contact me if you are interested.

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

No did not buy yet but received more pics of the 1 interested in and there was this problem with the console. It looked bad enough that if I could not find the correct piece for replacement it would probably stop the sale. Will have to be painted the correct color but thats the easy part. And yes I do realize this would be a top dollar replacement. Let me see if I can buy this thing and then I will contact Thanks Chuck

PFSlim

We bought our complete console from Ebay, then painted it to match our interior. It looks great. We ordered the paint from NPD. It takes several coats but will cover just about any color.

You can see our pics on the gallery, page 4 (paul and brian stevenson).

Paul