• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Possible So. Calif. GT/CS get together?

Diesel Donna

Oh yes we had a great time. It was a beautiful sunny California day and it sure was fun to parade around with other CS's. When we staged our cars at the Century Plaza Hotel even some of the guests came over and took photos of our cars. I was especially happy for Mustanger and Tworings because they are new CS owners and so very enthusiastic! I heard that Joe and Paul had a great day at the beach on Saturday.

However. It cost me a lot of money because while I was waiting for the others to arrive I just HAD to go up to the mall area and buy a killer dress that had my name on it. :rofl: :wink:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!!

joedls

Mustanger said:
cruisin' around and Louie racin' down Wilshire, people's heads turning, trying to keep a low profile for LAPD, ...

Somehow I have a hard time believing Louie can keep a low profile anywhere when he's driving his monster GT/CS.

Tnaks everyone for your kind wishes.

Mustanglvr

Sounds like it was a great time! Would love to experience that California weather sometime, especially in my CS! Can`t wait to see all the pictures in Pauls book.
Happy Birthday Joe!

tworings

We were very glad we were able to participate on Sunday -- in spite of the smoke billowing out of our engine when we got to the hotel. We ended up having a cracked power steering hose, leaking fluid all over. Once we got to the gas station at the next stop Paul got our his trusty tool box and they cut off the belt so it wouldn't burn up the motor. So poor Stan had to drive without power steering the rest of the day. Ever prepared Donna lent us her fire extingusher just in case we went up in flames. :grin: It was great to see everyone - hope to see you again at John Force, but looks like we may be bringing the '39 instead of the Special. ~Lisa

Attachments

• Smokin' GTCS.jpg
    Smokin' GTCS.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

AWESOME Days!!

I just got home...

I have to tell you, that was an AWESOME day, Sunday!!

People were turning heads at us on Wilshire, even near Rodeo Drive! I even followed an Aston Martin DB9 on Wilshire, when we went to the 76 Gas Station where Jay Leno goes..and, oh! We saw a black Ford GT go by, too...

I'll have the full story tomorrow...

...and BTW--on the way home, via hwy 101, I stopped at Pismo Beach (see Google is it doesn't sound familiar) today, and found the exact beach where they filmed the GT/CS Commercial! I shot some pics, and video for the book's DVD.

In fact, for a 5$ fee, you can drive on this same (Calif. State Parks) beach. Imagine: having your GT/CS on the same beach where they filmed the commercial. You'll have to bring your own bikini girls and spear gun, 'tho...LOL!

More to follow...and some pics! It was awesome!!

AND!! I had a great time with Joe--filming his blown GT/CS, and we filmed near a Yacht Club at Dana Point. Had a great lunch, too. Thanks, Joe!! (Happy Birthday! I'll send you photos, too....)

Both were excellent California experiences!! The dream is still alive after 38 years!

My sincerest thanks to everyone who came....!

Paul.

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
I just got home...

I have to tell you, that was an AWESOME day, Sunday!!

People were turning heads at us on Wilshire, even near Rodeo Drive! I even followed an Aston Martin DB9 on Wilshire, when we went to the 76 Gas Station where Jay Leno goes..and, oh! We saw a black Ford GT go by, too...

I'll have the full story tomorrow...

...and BTW--on the way home, via hwy 101, I stopped at Pismo Beach (see Google is it doesn't sound familiar) today, and found the exact beach where they filmed the GT/CS Commercial! I shot some pics, and video for the book's DVD.

In fact, for a 5$ fee, you can drive on this same (Calif. State Parks) beach. Imagine: having your GT/CS on the same beach where they filmed the commercial. You'll have to bring your own bikini girls and spear gun, 'tho...LOL!

More to follow...and some pics! It was awesome!!

AND!! I had a great time with Joe--filming his blown GT/CS, and we filmed near a Yacht Club at Dana Point. Had a great lunch, too. Thanks, Joe!! (Happy Birthday! I'll send you photos, too....)

Both were excellent California experiences!! The dream is still alive after 38 years!

My sincerest thanks to everyone who came....!

Paul.

Yes, it was a lot of fun and I'm eager to see some of those pic's that you took ... I'm sure your book is going to be awesome !!! ...

Diesel Donna

Paul ,I was trying to get a hold of you Monday morning to see if you could hook up with CalGal68 on your way home...(she was right on your way) but I only got your voicemail and figured I didn't have time to try and get a hold of her too before you left. Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh, well maybe she can go take some great pix on the beach! CalGal68, PM me your phone number so this doesn't happen again!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

To tell this story, I had to start a new thread entitled: "Great Weekend with L.A. GT/CSs".

it was awesome....

again, my thanks to everyone who participated. I am so sorry that Calif Girl and Cal Girl didn't make it. But!!....I have a feeling that the So. Cal GT/CS folks will be planning a lot more get-togethers in the future...

Paul N.