• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Possible So. Calif. GT/CS get together?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey Dualies!

Thanks!

What I think I'll do is pick two locations, and on a Saturday, and Sunday, we'll "caravan" to these sites and do some photos.

As a side note, I got a very awesome offer from a member for one of the sites, that I think will please everyone that comes along. More on that ASAP.

What I'm going after, is capturing the excitement of the Mustang in Southern California--and yet--to make it our own with these photos. We are in a unique position of making this happen again, after 39 years.

Ford marketed this car about 40 years ago, and it's from the thousands of ownerships that has made this much more than Ford ever envisioned.

I want to recapture those moments, and excitement, where it all began: Los Angeles!!

I'll have specific details, logistics, etc., to you all in a very few days.

Thanks!!

Paul N.

davidathans

louieg68 said:
i would love to do some drag heads up action . louieg
joedls said:
Hey, David. You out there? Sounds like you have a local competitor.

Oh hell ya i remember seeing pictures of that Cowl hood and the guages inside with the roll cage and the skinnys...LouieG68 lets do this...
im going to be at LACR on 10/27 and then again hopefully later in November i would love to race your car!!

Attachments

• 2006FabFordsLouieg68.jpg
    2006FabFordsLouieg68.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2006%20Fab%20Fords%20Mustangs%20Luis%20094.jpg
    2006%20Fab%20Fords%20Mustangs%20Luis%20094.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2006%20Fab%20Fords%20Mustangs%20Luis%20096.jpg
    2006%20Fab%20Fords%20Mustangs%20Luis%20096.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2006%20Fab%20Fords%20Mustangs%20Luis%20131.jpg
    2006%20Fab%20Fords%20Mustangs%20Luis%20131.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Midnight Special

joedls said:
Great job, Tim!! But now I think you need to take my car out of the pic and put in louieg68's Bone Stock GT/CS.

...Very well Joe. I'll instead pair you up w/ some fair "top end" competition after hearing one of your Interstate 5 encounter stories...

'Problem is - you have to show up at Mojave Airport instead of LACR to race.
;-)

Attachments

• jdl.jpg
    jdl.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 28

gt bandit

Paul ,

what about a Hoot down the beach as per the original advert - get some chicks to party around the car ( Donna - you out there ?) etc etc .

This would look grand on a DVD -

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

gt bandit said:
Paul ,

what about a Hoot down the beach as per the original advert - get some chicks to party around the car ( Donna - you out there ?) etc etc .

Hmmm.....you know, the original commercial was filmed at Pismo Beach, just north of Santa Barbara. Lots of sand.

Finding bikini models wouldn't be a problem. I used to do 35mm/Nikon fashion model photography with a model named Billee Inglish, who later became an Oakland Raderette. She was later on the cover of a Hot Rod swimsuit issue.

Paul N.

Diesel Donna

gt bandit said:
Paul ,

Ooohhh honey my bikini days are gone!!!:icon_dead Thanks anyhow!!
Laughin' at Shaun.....

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'm a little dissappointed at how this thread has developed.

I was asking for some response from the Southern California GT/CS owners, and instead, it's become a side discussion about drag racing, and an impromptu art show.

This is why many owners that read these threads that are members of the boards, but choose to not participate. They, instead, PM me on the side.

Donna, Joe, David, Dualie, (CalifGirl) and a couple other owners have been gracious enough to be part of this planned event. I appreciate their interest, and willingness to be part of this. I'll know my schedule for November soon, and will contact those who have expressed interest in the photo shoot--by private message. I appreciate those that are sincerely interested, and, I have other ways to contact the GT/CS owners in the Southland.

I think I speak for many that would like the subjects of these boards to "stay on topic". The things we write are read by many, many others that look for good information. So...let's at least try to focus on what's being talked about.

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

PNewitt said:
I'm a little dissappointed at how this thread has developed.

I was asking for some response from the Southern California GT/CS owners, and instead, it's become a side discussion about drag racing, and an impromptu art show.

This is why many owners that read these threads that are members of the boards, but choose to not participate. They, instead, PM me on the side.

Donna, Joe, David, Dualie, (CalifGirl) and a couple other owners have been gracious enough to be part of this planned event. I appreciate their interest, and willingness to be part of this. I'll know my schedule for November soon, and will contact those who have expressed interest in the photo shoot--by private message. I appreciate those that are sincerely interested, and, I have other ways to contact the GT/CS owners in the Southland.

I think I speak for many that would like the subjects of these boards to "stay on topic". The things we write are read by many, many others that look for good information. So...let's at least try to focus on what's being talked about.

Paul N.

Paul, you are really going to hate me for this, but you are just as guilty as everyone else when it comes to going off topic. It was you who mentioned drag racing and you should have known that bringing up the subject, that it would go where it did. Also, I for one, enjoy Tim`s art and consider it a refreshing addition to our forums. Something other forums only wish they had. I understand that when you start a thread of your own, that you would like it to not be highjacked and in a way I think you take it as a personal insult, but you need to go back and look over your own past posts and you will see that you are very good at doing it yourself. I personally enjoy the day to day soap opera type posts you and Donna write to each other when you`re at your flirtiest. Yes, it gets old once in awhile, but you two are great people and are a wonderful part of this site and I don`t know what we`d all do without you. We all love to communicate and that is what we are doing. Its no different than if we were all in an actual room, chatting away. I know you hate me now, but I`m sure I won`t be the only one to say something. We still love you no matter how much you bitch sometimes!:icon_ecst

Mosesatm

Rhonda, to quote Fred Gwynne from My Cousin Vinny. "....that is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out rebuttal." In the movie it's "objection" but that wouldn't make any sense here!

Mustanglvr said:
Paul, you are really going to hate me for this, but you are just as guilty as everyone else when it comes to going off topic. It was you who mentioned drag racing and you should have known that bringing up the subject, that it would go where it did. Also, I for one, enjoy Tim`s art and consider it a refreshing addition to our forums. Something other forums only wish they had. I understand that when you start a thread of your own, that you would like it to not be highjacked and in a way I think you take it as a personal insult, but you need to go back and look over your own past posts and you will see that you are very good at doing it yourself. I personally enjoy the day to day soap opera type posts you and Donna write to each other when you`re at your flirtiest. Yes, it gets old once in awhile, but you two are great people and are a wonderful part of this site and I don`t know what we`d all do without you. We all love to communicate and that is what we are doing. Its no different than if we were all in an actual room, chatting away. I know you hate me now, but I`m sure I won`t be the only one to say something. We still love you no matter how much you bitch sometimes!:icon_ecst

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I offer no apologies, if you knew what I know about how other folks (beyond the "regulars") that try to come in and say something.

Message boards tend to get territorrial real fast, and it's unfortunate how people that want to talk "GT/CS" in a serious, perhaps academic way get run over by the sheer nature of boards like these. Think of it like this: take the quirky attitudes of a few folks at a car show, or club, and add the steroids of the internet's misgivings. A recipie for disaster! AAHH!! LOL!

I'm just saying to think about it. That's all.

And, no, Rhonda, I don't "hate" you or anyone...you are quite diplomatic.

We all have our "character", or actually, I should say, we all ARE "characters" !!

LOL! Paul N.

joedls

I don't hold it against you, Paul. You wouldn't be the first person to try and keep me on point. :frust: :frust: Good luck, though. :icon_twis :icon_twis :icon_twis

Mustanglvr

PNewitt said:
I offer no apologies, if you knew what I know about how other folks (beyond the "regulars") that try to come in and say something.

We all have our "character", or actually, I should say, we all ARE "characters" !!

LOL! Paul N.

I would like to know what you know Paul, because as far as I can tell, everyone that comes to this site are treated with respect and are always given the chance to speak. As I`ve said before, I have read every written word on this site and no one has been turned away when asking for advice or information.

And yes, we all do have character. Thats what makes this site so special. Its the opportunity to be ourselves. I have found no other forum like this and probably never will. I admit it makes it difficult to get a straight answer sometimes, but it also gives way to someone learning more than what they bargained for when they ask a question. By talking things out, people learn more. Communication is what makes the world go around. Without that, we might as well all curl up and die.

Midnight Special

PNewitt said:
We all have our "character", or actually, I should say, we all ARE "characters" !! Paul N.

...That's right - now deal with it!!

And if you have so many "beyond regulars" in your hip pocket for whom you say you have to speak for - then perhaps you should start your own (gated community) website!

You might also "think about it" when it comes to wanting to be the only guy who sells books and key fobs et-al to this limited audience and the devastating effect of driving wedges within the group (PM network or otherwise)! ...not to mention your domination of this board since you tried to lecture us last time. Two words for you: - Lighten up!

It's times like this I thank God we're all different. Imagine if we all clammored to have everything just "our way"!...

Gee - look at us now, we're all off topic. But I assume it's OK since you provoked it...

No apologies from me either!

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Tim,

If I spend part of my life (over 20 years) researching and writing a book on the GT/CS, then I have earned the right to make and sell items--whatever I want. I don't try to make Boss 302 items, because thet's up to Randy Ream, that Registrar, nor would I try to make anything with a SAAC logo on it, etc. At present, it's a moot point, since I'm obtaining rights to use the GT/CS name. This is what I do, and I do it very well. I am proud of what I do, and how I have helped many owners.

If I "interrupt" an ongoing conversation with the "status quo", then I'm doing it to bring others into the conversation. It might rattle your world, but what may seem like being elitist, exclusive, arrogant (pick a word), it's my attempt to clear some room for others that may seem intimidated by "just a few". If you knew how many people (with GT/CSs) have told me how they wouldn't partake on the message boards--because of what they see, then you wouldn't get so "bothered". It's for the tens-to hundreds of lurkers that I steer the conversation(s) like I do. Besides, this thread is mine, and all I was asking was interest in a Southern Calif. get together.

You are the ONLY person that has challenged me as you have, including a rather nasty private message to me some time ago--about nothing. I didn't provoke this competition. If I'm an expert of something you collect, don't take it as my wanting to steal your thunder. I think, Tim, that you're leaving out a lot of details, and explainations about your reaction(s) to me, and whatever I have to say. Do you feel it necessary to bring down my creditability here for your own agenda? I don't see any "wedges" going on, either. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I'm nowhere of the character that you seem to portray. If I did "something wrong", I'd be the first to apologize, too.

Now, in the meantime, I'm still interested in talking with Southern California GT/CS owners....(whew!)

(sorry, folks, for the diversion)

Paul Newitt

joedls

I, for one, don't understand what's behind the animosity being displayed here between Paul and Tim. I do know that, for me, this forum would not be the same if either one of you were excluded. I believe you each have alot to contribute.

I hope you can work it out.......