• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Where has my car been, and who with ?

CALIF GIRL

Mustanglvr said:
Gee, maybe I was just posting an opinion, like I am also allowed, Donna.

I have been personally victimized by police, maybe it was when I was 17 and an officer raped me after forcing alcohol down my throat.:cry: .Everywhere in the news lately it seems we are hearing about cops gone wrong. I could tell you of many true stories of cops here in the Heartland who have been accused and convicted of every crime imaginable. I just feel that a person should not be so gullable, as to put police on such a high pedestal and to not think that even one would go wrong. They are human just like the rest of us and there are bad ones, really bad ones out there and if you`re lucky, which it sounds like you have been, Donna and Calif girl, you won`t be victimized by one. Someone said we voice our opinions based on life experiences. Well thats mine. Take it or leave it.

Guess I will leave it.

You were victimized by a person who happenned to slip through the cracks and became a cop. It is an injustice to every hard working cop out there and their families who wonder each shift if they will return home for you to bash all cops.

Yes there are bad cops, just like there are bad lead singers in rock bands and bad people who work in meat packing plants/slaughterhouses, bad former guests from the "Jerry Springer Show", bad disabled people, bad parents, and bad people who raise long haired chihuahuas. But I do not see any one bashing them here on a California Special site.

And for the record I have been a cop for almost 20 years.

Mustanglvr

CALIF GIRL Guess I will leave it.

Do you know what "leave it" means Calf Girl?

And for the record I have been a cop for almost 20 years.

And may you to cast the first stone, Calif Girl.

Mustanglvr

We don`t agree, but then again we don`t have too. It is my opinion and you are trying to suppress my opinion and change my mind. Alot of cops and communists do that.

CALIF GIRL

I have done nothing to supress your opinion. As for changing your mind, the only thing I did was offer you an opportunity to do a ride along.

Mustanglvr

Thanks, but no thanks, I`ll never trust another cop again. Lets let this thread go back to what it was supposed to be about, car history.

Diesel Donna

Mustanglvr said:
Gee, maybe I was just posting an opinion, like I am also allowed, Donna.

I have been personally victimized by police, maybe it was when I was 17 and an officer raped me after forcing alcohol down my throat.:cry: .Everywhere in the news lately it seems we are hearing about cops gone wrong. I could tell you of many true stories of cops here in the Heartland who have been accused and convicted of every crime imaginable. I just feel that a person should not be so gullable, as to put police on such a high pedestal and to not think that even one would go wrong. They are human just like the rest of us and there are bad ones, really bad ones out there and if you`re lucky, which it sounds like you have been, Donna and Calif girl, you won`t be victimized by one. Someone said we voice our opinions based on life experiences. Well thats mine. Take it or leave it.

I'll leave it too.
I never said there were no bad cops nor did I put anyone on a pedestal.You should read the posts throughly before you start putting words in another's mouth.There are bad apples in every profession, just look at the priesthood. And I haven't been "lucky". I also did not get on this forum and be incredibly insensitive and disrespectful to others. My response is not to change or suppress your opinion at all. Just to voice mine. Now you are calling us communists too?

"Gullable" Donna

Mustanglvr

I`m not disrespecting anyone. You both just seem to think you`re right and won`t let it go. I was just voicing my opinion, duh.

CALIF GIRL

Mustanglvr said:
I`m not disrespecting anyone. You both just seem to think you`re right and won`t let it go. I was just voicing my opinion, duh.

It would appear we have vastly different opinions on what disrespecting people means. Websters says:

disrespect
: lack of respect

respect
: to consider worthy of high regard

From this simple definition you were showing disrespect to all cops by the things you posted...and by the way the word "cop" in itself is disrespectful.

Mustanglvr

I guess I should say "I understand what you`re saying, I just don`t agree." My life experiences are different than yours. I already acknowledged that there are good cops too, if you would have read MY POST! I know what I`ve seen and no one can change that.
So I have to change the way I talk too? You would be totally insulted if you came to the midwest cuz they are called "cops" here, among other things.

OP
OP
H

HCS@CT

What the hell happened to my post!? I was asking about a title search and it turned into a shooting spree. If you two want to chew each other out start your own thread. NOW... Anyone else have any stories on getting a title search? And you two go to your seprate corners.

Mustanglvr

HCS@CT said:
What the hell happened to my post!? I was asking about a title search and it turned into a shooting spree. If you two want to chew each other out start your own thread. NOW... Anyone else have any stories on getting a title search? And you two go to your seprate corners.

Where the Hell have you been!? Those posts were 2 days ago! Its all said and done. Go on with your **** thread.

Stacey Enderle

Let's get back to the title search conversation,...

HCS@CT said:

It's obvious that getting a title search is not easy to get,...I'm abit curious about the history of my car as well. I wonder if the dealer sticker on the vehicle may be of some help and what if the dealer is no longer in business, is there anyway in finding out anything? If that dealer is still going, do they by chance have any records at all?

Stacey Enderle

Not to go a tangent here,...

PNewitt said:
One of my best friends--and a Mustanger is a SWAT team leader in No. Calif.
I can't begin to appreciate--or understand the stress that cops go through--every day.

I saw this thread title and thought: "Who has been the most famous person to ride in your CS?"

...not to make a left turn in the discussion here.

Paul

Maybe a governor or a senator in your state? I'm wondering when you plan on publishing your next book. I really enjoy the Recognition and Owner's guide you had published in the past. Just addicted to CS's I guess. I'm wondering about the date codes, they are a bit confusing for me. Can you shed some light on that?

Stacey

P

PNewitt

oh, I once had a semi-famous "B" movie actress in my CS, a "Hot Rod" mag swimsuit model; and (at another time) a set designer from Paramount, also. I parked my Special in a parking area at P'mount where they would fill with water to film water scenes.....but it was dry then!!

I can never replace my upholstery now!! LOL!

Paul.

In my CS, I was on the set of "Return of the Jedi" in the Arizona desert (Jabba's Ship), and got stuck in the sand...but that is another story...

Stacey Enderle

Return of the Jedi,...

PNewitt said:
oh, I once had a semi-famous "B" movie actress in my CS, a "Hot Rod" mag swimsuit model; and (at another time) a set designer from Paramount, also. I parked my Special in a parking area at P'mount where they would fill with water to film water scenes.....but it was dry then!!

I can never replace my upholstery now!! LOL!

Paul.

In my CS, I was on the set of "Return of the Jedi" in the Arizona desert (Jabba's Ship), and got stuck in the sand...but that is another story...

Hmmmmm? is that the little red dot,... your car's red isn't it? that I spotted off the corner of that silver screen as Jabba's ship crashes and burns? Now you got me curious. LOL I lived in Arizona for two years and then migrated back north. The heat got to me. (fanning the flames from my feet)

Stacey

P

PNewitt

That was near Yuma, at a sand crater park called "Buttercup Valley", which is where they filmed the original "Last Flight of the Phoenix", and the TV series "Rat Patrol".

When my CS got "stuck" a zillion guys on ATVs (3-wheel then) show up out of nowhere to push me out...I said "don't push on the spoiler", and they managed to push my car right over a bush straight ahead--which actually cleaned all the grease from under the car....<sigh>.

The "Force" was with me THAT day, certainly! A little bit too much! LOL!!

Paul.

Stacey Enderle

Stuck in the sand

PNewitt said:
That was near Yuma, at a sand crater park called "Buttercup Valley", which is where they filmed the original "Last Flight of the Phoenix", and the TV series "Rat Patrol".

When my CS got "stuck" a zillion guys on ATVs (3-wheel then) show up out of nowhere to push me out...I said "don't push on the spoiler", and they managed to push my car right over a bush straight ahead--which actually cleaned all the grease from under the car....<sigh>.

The "Force" was with me THAT day, certainly! A little bit too much! LOL!!

Paul.

"Last Flight of the Phoenix" was a real good movie. I'll have to add that one to my collection of classics. Well, at least you got the bottom of your car cleaned off. When I had my CS pushed into my garage for storage, I made the BIG mistake of it being pushed on the spoiler and cracked it, so I have to find a good autobody repair service to fix it.
That dry sand must be like quick sand to a point in the Arizona dessert. When I lived in Phoenix, when ever there was any rain, it'd run off the surface, the ground wouldn't even absorb any of it. A bone-dry street in a matter of 5 to 10 minutes would look like the Mississippi River during flood season. It was NUTS!

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

Let's get back to the title search conversation,...

HCS@CT said:
Has anyone ever done a title search? I would like to know who owned my car in the past. See if I could find them, and find any history or storys about the car. There are a couple of questions I would really like to know the answers to. So if anyone knows how to do a search let us know.

Sorry we all got off in all directions,...I did find these sites, the only bummer of it is, they go as far back of 1980. However I think with CARFAX, with a fee involved, they may be able to shed some light on the background of our CS's.
Here's 3 of them:

www.dmv.org (they only go as far back as of 1980)
VinNumber Directory.com
and
www.CARFAX.com (I'm not sure if we use all lower case letter or not)
hope this helps

Stacey