• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tail light question

luisa2552

Excuse my lack of knowledge and correct terminology, but I need new plastic tail light parts (one is cracked). Are they the same as a 67 or 68 cougar? or is it specific to the CS or Shelby? Thanks all...:grin:

Mosesatm

If you are asking about the red lens they are not the same as those on the Cougars. They are for '65 T-Birds, GT/CSs, and '68 Shelbys.

Most of the Mustang suppliers carry reproductions. You might want to buy new for both sides so they match.

390cs68rcode

on this same subject I would like to add a observation on the lenses. The originals are darker and more maroon color and the new Ford Tooling ones are a brighter red. When you see them side by side it is VERY noticable and I can always spot a new set on a CS and Shelby.

just one of those little tidbits of info.