• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 One of our fellow members lost his C.S. in the Paradise fire

clubpro

I just wanted to let everyone know that Roy Christianson (Fairlane56) lost everything in the Paradise "Camp" fire including his beautiful 68 Cal Special. Roy had lived in his home for almost 30 years and lost 4 cars total. He is staying with me right now until they allow the residents to go back and see what is left of their homes. Roy received photos of what's left yesterday from one of his law enforcement buddies and that's when it finally hit him. Everything is gone. His 1956 Ford Fairlane was absolutely perfect and exactly like the car his dad drove while he was growing up. His 81 Ford F-150 looked as good as it did when he picked it up brand new from the dealer. He is an incredible model builder and has won awards for his car models and all of them are gone.

Please say a prayer for Roy as he deals with the loss. He was scheduled for spine surgery next Thursday, but has had to postpone that. He had just recovered from prostate cancer and was looking forward to getting his back fixed and now this. Needless to say he is incredibly resilient and his faith keeps him grounded.

Thanks!

Ron

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Here's two of his cars. The Cal Special is sitting in the driveway of the house that is no longer standing. The 56 Ford is in front of our grandmother's house 50 years to the day from when Roy's dad's 56 was last parked there. Thank goodness for digital photographs.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

franklinair

SO sorry for his loss. Thankfully, he is OK. Fires are unforgiving & relentless.

Neil

Ruppstang

There are not words to say how I would feel if it were me.

Tell him his GT/CS family has them in our prayers.

Marty

robert campbell

So sad to hear this. To lose everything so quickly and completely is absolutely devastating. My prayers are with him while he and his family pick up the pieces.

Rob

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Here's a photo of what is left. The metal structure that is still standing is where Roy kept his firewood. What you can't see is his completely demolished 4 car garage that is just to the left of the standing metal structure. Roy has decided to relocate to the Gardnerville Nevada area as soon as the insurance funds are received. We already have a lead on another Cal Special just like the one he lost and that has really lifted his spirits.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• Roy's house.jpg
    Roy's house.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 76

1968Cally

So thankful he made it out safe. Some did not. To lose everything else must be devastating. Prayers to him and his family to keep their spirits up as they sort through everything and re-locate.

CougarCJ

Oh no, that is terrible news. So many irreplaceable things lost forever.

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Happy Thursday!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have started a GoFundMe page for Roy. He received notice yesterday that his insurance is giving him next to nothing for his 98 Mustang that was his daily driver. The car looked as good before the fire as it did when he drove it off of the lot brand new and yet I know that the insurance company can only go by what the Kelly Blue Book says that it is worth. So I want to help him get a newer Mustang to replace his pride and joy. If you are feeling generous and want to help someone who has literally lost everything here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/kfbgs5-par...rZWbDzCbNPorYRYMytMOlnMofBaTzlQKvw63MVdl4zekk

Cheers!

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Underneath the ashes and other stuff is what is left of Roy's Cal Special. If you are having a tough time seeing it, the bumper is just above the man's shadow and you can see part of the tail light. The rear end cap is completely melted off. I'm sure that the rear deck lid is gone as well. Today was the first day that the owners could return to their properties. Very sad what is left.

Attachments

• IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

I don't know why the photo is sideways. It looks fine in my image library. Sorry about that.

Edward Bodoh

This is horrible. I have no other words for it.

Whatever consolation it would be...Ron maybe you could find a good pic of his car and I vote to throw it on the cover of next year's calendar.

Just a thought. ED.

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Ed,

That is a great idea. We have the photo from the 2016 Calendar. He lost four cars in the fire and I got the photos yesterday and it is amazing what the fire did.

Thanks!

Ron