• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A little winterization loving

mbsf1970

Doug got an oil change today prior to winter setting in. We've had the worst September in my 25 yrs here and have only had the chance to pull Doug out this past week...since about Sept 10th or so. I got robbed of a month's driving pleasure!

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 28

franklinair

Don't forget to put some fuel stabilizer in the tank to counteract the ethanol content of the gas. Run the engine a few minutes to assure the treated fuel gets into the carb as well.
I also recommend jacking the car and putting stands under the frame to keep the weight off the tires. At the very least, put some sort of insulation between the tires & concrete floor (old washcloth, something).

Neil

stangfan

I use only gas that does not contain ethanol. Even so, best to use some Sta-bil if the car is going to sit for any length of time.