• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Scott Drake Side Scoops

68OrangeCrate

Hi folks... Starting back on my c-code restoration. Has anyone bought the Scott Drake rendition of the side scoops? I’m looking for the best quality replacements. Thanks

Mike

Edward Bodoh

Drake scoops

I did a few months ago. They will not sit flush and will need to be prepped by someone who has experience with fiberglass. At least thats what i went through. I was lucky to find someone that did excellent work and painted them. Consensus is there isnt any repop side scoops that are direct fitment.

Ed.

robert campbell

Has anyone tried these? Pic shows a witness line. Tony Branda usually has the best Shelby glass.

Rob

franklinair

I purchased Tony Branda'a sidescoops for my Black project CS. They DO have the witness line, but still required trimming & fitting. Fortunately my body shop guy knows his stuff.

Neil

Ricky Knapik

I'm being told that 67 scoops wont fit 68's, yet most listing say fits both!

Mosesatm

The ‘67 and ‘68 quarters are shaped a little different around the scoop areas.
Scoops will work on both; it just depends on how much shaping one wants to perform. I sometimes think the suppliers used a ‘67 quarter for their testing mule.