• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog Light Pedestal

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I have a black one with the same threads. But it may be very old.

68J code,
Please send me one of your bare light bodies so I can verify the threads. Or you can by trying a standard or fine American nut on the threads. If it spins on easily then they are not British threads. I can make two nuts with American threads so they look authentic.

Rob

CaliStang68

$85 Kit includes:
Qty = 4: Washer, Square
Qty = 2: Spacer
Qty = 2: Bolt, Threaded, Internal
Qty = 2: Washer, Star
Qty = 2: Grommet
USPS shipping included (continental US only)

Let me know if I can help. I also have the same HCS decals as what Mr. Teets sold and the stripe kits too, both 68 CS and HCS.

Any Pics???

CaliStang68

Calistang,
Do you mean the flat square washers with the lip or the pedestals? The picture of the square washers in this post are ones I manufactured. Not sure what HCS washers would look like.

Rob

Rob, sorry I'm just get backing to you I was actually asking about the grommets. I'm assuming they are just rubber grommets. can you tell me where to buy those or order them. I looked on my Lucas fog lights and I don't seem to have them anymore.
Thanks
Rick

68 special

Hey Rob, do you have any more if the square L shaped washers? Seems I only have 2!

Thanks,
Bret

68 special

Thank you Rob, I got the square washers and I must say, they look exactly like the originals. The material thickness, hole diameter, bend radius are spot on.

Thanks again.
Bret

Mosesatm

I’m getting some pedestals made locally based on Rob’s template (thanks Rob!!). I don’t have a source for the rubber washers but if any of you need the long nuts, square washers, and pedestals, let me know. They will end up costing around $62/set plus shipping, so let’s just call it $75. Ten sets will be ready in three weeks.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I’m getting some pedestals made locally based on Rob’s template (thanks Rob!!). I don’t have a source for the rubber washers but if any of you need the long nuts, square washers, and pedestals, let me know. They will end up costing around $62/set plus shipping, so let’s just call it $75. Ten sets will be ready in three weeks.

Arlie,
I can give you the rest of my square washers. I have some 20 sets of them (4 per installation on car). Sounds like you will be the new source for these items. Great job!!

Rob

stangfan

I got one of the last sets available on here after I got my GT/CS in 2012. I had a body shop paint and install the hardware, and when I went to pick the car up, they told me they didn't know where to use the rubber washers. :sad: I still have them just in case I need to have the lights taken off and reinstalled for any reason.

cmacias24

Arlie,
I’m Interested in a set for my car. Can you msg me your PayPal info?

Thanks,
Cesar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliStang68

Rubber Washers

I got one of the last sets available on here after I got my GT/CS in 2012. I had a body shop paint and install the hardware, and when I went to pick the car up, they told me they didn't know where to use the rubber washers. :sad: I still have them just in case I need to have the lights taken off and reinstalled for any reason.

Can you post a pic of your rubber washers?

Thanks
Rick

Mosesatm

Arlie,
I’m Interested in a set for my car. Can you msg me your PayPal info?

Thanks,
Cesar

Cesar,
Which type of wire grommets are on your lights, gray cones or black o-rings?

stangfan

Attachments

• Light pedestal washers.JPG
    Light pedestal washers.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 45

cmacias24

Arlie,
I have two sets. The original ones that came with my car (chrome has seen better days) and a set that I purchased off someone from this group. The originals have a black grommet and the other set has a grey cone.
For what it’s worth, my previous car had a rectangular washer that was mounted under the grill opening and a foam-like washer that was between the grill opening and the light pedestal. From what I can tell, my car must had had some damage to the grill area early in its life because the grill has been replaced with a 67 grill.
68867d6a89192e546442d0db36d638a3.jpg

b2e88b702238304799700c989c965d98.jpg