• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog Light Pedestal

robert campbell

All,
Gosh, I cannot type well. Looking to borrow a set of fog light pedestals so I can have some made by a good friend of mine. Kinda like Bob Teets did.

Rob

Jon, please delete my other thread with the bad subject title.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I have a pair. PM your address, and I'll mail them (after the holiday weekend). Don't forget the 'O' ring that mounts on the bottom, and the spacers that go beneath the wide grill molding.

Neil,
No need to pm for me. Please send the o-ring and spacers with them.

My address is:
Rob Campbell
3235 N. E. Fischer Court
Bremerton WA 98310

Rob

whodat

To me the spacer I received looked like a grommet cut in half.
I said damn I paid for that, I could’ve made that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

All,
This is the first part I have made. The original is in the center of the picture courtesy of Steve Wick. The ones I made are on the left and right. I have enough of these for 12 sets of four each for a GT/CS/HCS. These are the washers that reinforce the grill to allow for the Lucas light to mount and be stable. I have the nuts and pedestals under manufacture as we speak. With correct British national fine threads. I plan to offer a complete kit consisting of four washers, two pedestals, two nuts, two grommets, and two star lock washers. This will be a kit for one car.

As with these washers, the nuts and pedestals will be exact reproductions that should easily pass the smell test of any MCA judge. I would offer that if you send me your bare Lucas light body, I will chase the treads on the mounting studs to ensure perfect bind free tightening of your fog lights.

More later after I get the pedestals and nuts finished. And then I can send Marty, Neil, and Steve back their parts!! Thanks guys for sending me the parts to ensure I get them correct!!

Rob

Last edited:

Ruppstang

I love it when you get a reproduction part that you can not tell from the Ford original!
nice job Rob.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Marty,
It has been a fun project! To duplicate unavailable parts for the GT-CS/HCS hobby!

Rob

hcsmustangs

For anyone that is interested I reproduce the parts based on Bob Teet’s originals. I have a number of sets in stock. Thanks.

hcsmustangs

$85 Kit includes:
Qty = 4: Washer, Square
Qty = 2: Spacer
Qty = 2: Bolt, Threaded, Internal
Qty = 2: Washer, Star
Qty = 2: Grommet
USPS shipping included (continental US only)

Let me know if I can help. I also have the same HCS decals as what Mr. Teets sold and the stripe kits too, both 68 CS and HCS.

CaliStang68

I'd be interested in one of your stripe kits for a CS in black. Also Can I buy just the grommets/spacers? Nice work. Finally some quality parts I can buy that will work just like the originals if not better!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Calistang,
Do you mean the flat square washers with the lip or the pedestals? The picture of the square washers in this post are ones I manufactured. Not sure what HCS washers would look like.

Rob

68Jcode

I need the pedestals along with the big bolts to bolt the lights onto the car, i basically just have the lights with wiring and no hardware

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Do your lights have two bolts hanging off from them? If not then we need to find a way to reattach some carriage bolts to them. Or find a set with the bolts on them. They are held on by a special "capture" plate that holds the carriage bolt from spinning.

Rob

68Jcode

Do your lights have two bolts hanging off from them? If not then we need to find a way to reattach some carriage bolts to them. Or find a set with the bolts on them. They are held on by a special "capture" plate that holds the carriage bolt from spinning.

Rob

yes it has the hanging bolt just no actual mounting harware, their not the correct ones. Their the ones i wanted for this car because i really dont like chrome-so their the ones with black on the back

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Cool cool. I assume they are Lucas and the thread is a British metric thread type. I have a black one for a sample and the bolt is the correct thread for the nuts I will make.

Rob