• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Gulfstream Blue S Code GT Equipment 8R01S162696

Ruppstang

There is not a written list because there are so many variables.
Here is a picture of Mike Jewels S code. It is just about as correct as they get.

Attachments

• 1968 Scode.jpg
    1968 Scode.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 34

robert campbell

Pictures of the valves show a very clean running motor. Well, on that bank!! Not sure what the other side looked like!!

So fun to build your own engine. Done it many times and the feeling when it starts up is like no other in the world! Nearly orgasmic!!!

Rob

Batgirl89

Pictures of the valves show a very clean running motor. Well, on that bank!! Not sure what the other side looked like!!

So fun to build your own engine. Done it many times and the feeling when it starts up is like no other in the world! Nearly orgasmic!!!

Rob
Here is the other bank of valves. The cylinder walls were great too.

Attachments

• Resized_20180215_121530.jpg
    Resized_20180215_121530.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 25

Batgirl89

So, I can buy this water pump for $109.
or they can rebuild my original for around $300. I do like all my original stuff, the car has had his stuff for 50 yrs, I don't like to take it away. but do I put it on the shelf and put other stuff on? to save a couple hundred bucks here and there? (once on the shelf, will never get back on the car and end up gone away from the car)
https://www.flowkoolerwaterpumps.co...big-block-ford-352-360-390-427-428-water-pump

Next is the radiator: rebuild or replace? we are going to check with rebuilder to see if they can make it a 3 row. OR do we add a electric fan? (or is the new water pump going to keep the big block cool enough, I guess we wait and see)

Dan's Machine shop is moving along w/motor rebuild. Im doing a bit of a lopey cam (because I like the sound, but not too radical) I think he said compression will be 10.25 to 1
Dan said 3.55 rear end would be better than the 3.25. Shop in town can rebuild my rear end for $2,000., to 31 spline 3.55, new ring & pinion, bearings, posi.