• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Little Red Found in Texas

Midnight Special

...'I don't know why, but I always had a feeling "Little Red" was still around & would show up some day... In fact I used to dream of being the one who found it ;-)

https://shelbyprototypecoupes.com/

Attachments

• lilred.jpg
    lilred.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

1968Cally

So if it is a '67, why does it have the chrome rear reflector and not the recessed one that they did away with in early 1968?

Maybe the rear quarter(s) were replaced?

Ruppstang

It is interesting that it has a 68 style steering wheel on a 67 column. It also has a 68 radio with 67 knobs.
Very cool.

p51

Very cool. Does anyone have any guesses on how much it's going to cost to restore the car?

68gulfstream

Got to be one of the most significant finds in recent memory.

Fascinating how they located it. Got the VIN from Kevin Marti (I guess) and then did a records lookup to locate the last registration.

How would you guys approach the restoration? There won't be much original car left.

franklinair

Since Kevin Marti purchased the Ford production records, I would be curious to see the Marti Report on this car's VIN.

Neil

coralsnake

Liitle Red nad the Green Hornet

Here is a page for those of you interested in these cars.

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/EXP

The vintage Conelec EFI for the Green Hornet is being finished up now, with testing to start soon.

Both of these cars, like many of the other engineering cars, stayed at the factory for years. They were constantly updated. Thats why the 67s have 1968 features such as reflectors, lights and fiberglass.

I think both of these cars are experiencing a lot of new research and noteriety now that Mr Jackson is involved. Interestingly, the Marti report shows Little Red was sold at Courtesy Ford in Colorado. Surprisingly, no one noticed thatbefore it was found.

Both cars are being restored by Billups Auto Body and their research and documentation is second to none. Several SAAC judges and Registrars are involved as well.

How much? Restorations of this caliber typically run over 1,000 hours of labor, plus parts and material. I will let you do the math.

You may think that Little Red is stripped, but its remarkably intact considering it was thought to have been destroyed.

If you know anything about these cars, please feel free to email me

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com

Last edited: