• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Post your Marti Report here

mustang.biz

Here is a cool story to tell ya. My GT/CS is 8R01J140036. The cool part is that my VIN that is on the fender has the hidden second VIN as 8R01J131680 with the V (void) on the beginning and end of that VIN. Been scratching my head on that one until I did a search on the vin and saw it here. Anyone have any ideas?

Wow, that is odd. Perhaps they accidentally stamped an extra fender. Maybe as a backup since that car was to be used for shows?

Joeymiami

Wow, that is odd. Perhaps they accidentally stamped an extra fender. Maybe as a backup since that car was to be used for shows?

Maybe. Here is another cool thing. I have a picture of the car when the past second owner bought it in Nevada and it had the passenger side scope missing and it appears to be a Gulf stream aqua color underneath. Ill try to post the pic. super cool history in the making?

Mosesatm

Here is a cool story to tell ya. My GT/CS is 8R01J140036. The cool part is that my VIN that is on the fender has the hidden second VIN as 8R01J131680 with the V (void) on the beginning and end of that VIN. Been scratching my head on that one until I did a search on the vin and saw it here. Anyone have any ideas?

Will you please post a photo of the VIN, I'm not quite following.

Thanks

Joeymiami

I hope I loaded the pics correctly. The first pic show when the older owner bought the car in Nevada I think in the 80's. You can see the missing scope and the color underneath. The second pic is the VINs taken in 2001 when the car was fully restored. Pretty cool to the story so far.......

IMG_08231_zpsclql6njb.jpg.html

IMG_08241_zpszh3hqnhf.jpg.html

Joeymiami

Didnt work. I put the link from photo bucket. I'll try again.
The first pic show when the older owner bought the car in Nevada I think in the 80's. You can see the missing scoop and the color underneath. The second pic is the VINs taken in 2001 when the car was fully restored. Pretty cool to the story so far.......

Mosesatm

This appears to be more evidence that some cars were pulled off the assembly line and converted into GT/CSs after they were already in the system. A blue car that suddenly becomes a gold GT/CS.

We have 20 early cars in the registry that seem to be true GT/CSs but according to the Marti reports are not. I'm convinced some cars were pulled from the line and converted, but no one at Ford thought to change the VINs. All these cars have VINs lower than J140036.

Joey,
What is the VIN on the dash and the door data plate?

Curtis,
Have you checked all the VIN locations on your car? Do they all match?

Here are the Marti reports for both numbers.

Attachments

• 8R01J140036.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 8R01J131680.pdf
    77.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

CougarCJ

I agree Arlie, my early built GT/CS, Marti Report shows an 'actual build date' of 02/06/1968, predating both of those VIN's stamped on Joeys car. Which supports what you are saying about cars converted after the fact, to fill the expected dealer orders from the introduction.

FMC or Ford Motor Company - Pico Rivera, was very close to where I grew up. It was on the corner of Washington Blvd and Rosemead Blvd. Were there any GT, Gulf Stream Aqua cars, with parchment vinyl roofs at the unveiling?

Canuck CSter

Glad to be back in the game.

Elite Marti for my S Code,,, Hey man I'm trying

Attachments

• oldphoneRIP 821.jpg
    oldphoneRIP 821.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 56
  • oldphoneRIP 822.jpg
    oldphoneRIP 822.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

1968Cally

Here is my Marti

Attachments

• Hemmings 32.jpg
    Hemmings 32.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Hemmings 30.jpg
    Hemmings 30.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 72

wallace

Marti Report 8R01J163171

Hi,
Here is my Marti Report.

Thanks, Wallace

Attachments

• 8R01J163171_stdrpt.pdf
    170.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

CougarCJ

GT/CS for sale in MD Feb 2020

Notes: Advertising pictures show brake booster and indash A/C installed.

Attachments

• marti cs.jpg
    marti cs.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 49

CougarCJ

GT/CS eBay Feb 2020 Idaho

Marti from eBay listing. Solid looking project, disassembled. Sold $5000.

Attachments

• gtcs idaho.jpg
    gtcs idaho.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 56