• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How Proud I am....

P

PNewitt

I've been thinking about this for quite a while.....I feel very fortunate to know many of you that own a GT/CS.

There is quite a range of interests, backgrounds, and occupations. It is quite an impressive group! I am proud to know all of you, or have made your aquaintance. I easliy remember many of your names. This has been ongoing since I began the registry in 1985, to this day. ..Little did I know where it would continue--or that it would.

The thread on these boards: "What do you do?". along with it's photos spelled it out for me--and made me realize that we ARE a very cool (and accomplished) group of people--that have a common thread of owning a GT/CS! (some of you--more than one)

A great side note to this is that now the GT/CS has recently "come into it's own", and is no longer in the shadow of Shelby, or needs explaining (or justification). It IS what it is...a very special limited edition Mustang.

WE ARE what makes the GT/CS what it is today. It's our continued enthusiasm for almost 40 years that has made the car what is today--and why Ford picked it for the '07 and '08 production years.

Yes, we have a lot to be proud of....and I am most proud of all of you.

Just my two bits.
Thank you for being here, and for your continued enthusiasm!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

LUVMYCS

And thank you Paul, for all the hard work you have done and are still doing to compile a history, registry, how to, etc. of our "special" mustangs.
I'm sure I can speak for the group as well when I say that I am proud to be a part of this great "family" and an owner of a GT/CS and that I'm proud to know you and grateful for all your time and effort that helped our cars "come into their own".

Perkchiro

Thank you Paul. Very nice to hear and I agree, this group of owners shares a common love and enthusiasm for the GT/CS, and is a wonderful collection of special folks. As a side note, I attended a local "All Ford" show here in Springfield, MO this past Saturday. I spotted a brand new, white 07 GT/CS convertible in the show. The owner must have just purchased it and he was displaying it proudly. I forgot my camera that day....dang it! It occurred to me however, that the enthusiasm for the new edition may be as much as we have for our "old edition". Surely this will spark new interest for our cars and for the love of all those GT/CS cars, both old and new.

Thanks too for your dedication to the CS, your valued publications regarding the CS, and for the anxiously awaited new edition of your new book. Looking forward to it.
Steve

zozobra

Amazing group of folks

Paul,

I've been a car person since the early '60's, mostly Corvettes. I chose to buy a CS because a guy at the office's father had one to sell and I thought it would be fun to own and drive. It's mostly there but has had some quirks that needed (and still need) attention. I have never in my life seen a more friendly and helpful group of folks than I see on this site. I must admit I have stooped to taking photos of a few pages from your update book when I had the chance because I so desparately needed the information contained inside and could not get my hands on one of them. I appreciate your efforts and those of your associates and look forward to the upcoming book.

Thanks

CJ 56

HI Paul, Chris from New Zealand, I have to agree with the above comments and you have been a big part of the glue that has stuck this bit of History on the Map. 2008, does that mean there is going to be a big get together somewhere in the US?

LUVMYCS

Yeah! That's a great idea! We should have a GT/CS huge get together! It can be like a California Special Convention!!! As if we all do this for a living! LOL

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

LUVMYCS said:
Yeah! That's a great idea! We should have a GT/CS huge get together! It can be like a California Special Convention!!!

As if we all do this for a living! LOL

I do! (at the moment!) LOL!!

Yes--we'll have to plan something. I'm already getting interest from the late model GT/CS folks. We'd include the HCS folks, and perhaps some other limited edition Mustangs....but it will primarily by for the GT/CS.

Last time we kicked this around, I suggested driving (part of) Route 66. It's difficult to get a centralized spot for everyone....so maybe it will be in two or three locations. This weekend's party may get some feedback on this drive idea...

Paul.
p.s. thanks to everyone else for the thoughtful comments...

Diesel Donna

Jeeez,I'm all tore up and emotional right now.(No, I mean that!) Can't think of a thing to add, cuz I have had so much fun meeting a lot of you and getting to know you right here. Heck, I'm driving to Northern California this weekend just so I can meet MORE of you guys.(I was gonna say numbnuts).:lipsseal: I swear I was so lonely for many years after I bought my CS because nobody else had one or knew what it was. I got so tired of s'plainin' it to everyone and it is so much fun here because you all GET IT!

Many thanks to Paul and Jon and every single person on this site who make it happen! :flag: SALUTE!

~~~~Donna