• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Bucket Seat Upholstery

franklinair

Live & Learn:embarass:
I had an upholstery shop re-cover the bucket seats in my CS. They called me and told me that the set consisted of 2 LEFT seat covers instead of Left & Right seat covers. I was not aware of any difference in bucket seat covers, so I called TMI and they confirmed that there is indeed Left & Right.
I had purchased the upholstery thru NPD, and they were very cooperative-sent another set. Both NPD & TMI were very helpful. Apparently TMI had packaged the upholstery incorrectly at their facility.
I mention this as a caution for anyone purchasing bucket seat upholstery, to be sure you recieve the correct configuration. I was not aware of this.

Neil

PS:
The seats came out GREAT. I'll shoot some photos when I install them.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the tip Neil.

If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost to have a shop install the covers? I've always done them myself, but they can be pretty time consuming. It's one of those tasks where you could get pretty fast at it if you did several at a time. But doing one set every few years means you start the learning curve all over again each time. It might be worth it to have a shop do it.

joedls

Thanks for the tip Neil.

If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost to have a shop install the covers? I've always done them myself, but they can be pretty time consuming. It's one of those tasks where you could get pretty fast at it if you did several at a time. But doing one set every few years means you start the learning curve all over again each time. It might be worth it to have a shop do it.

Not to mention the punishment to my pampered hands. I could barely move my fingers after doing the seats in my 65.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I furnished the new cushions (both seats) & upholstery. Shop charged $360 labor. I've got a fortune tied up in the 2 bucket seats:
First set of upholstery=$134+$150 installation which was botched, second set of upholstery=$134+$174 for new cushions+$60 gas to take to & pick up from the shop. So, all totaled I've got over $1K invested in the 2 bucket seats:eek:. But you can be sure they are RIGHT!!

Neil (aka Deep Pockets Dummy)