• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Deck Lid Foam Strips

Talan423

on page 97 of the 1996 registry, paul shows a foam strip that sticks to the underside of the rear deck lid. these strips have long ago been removed or fallen off of my car. does anybody out there still have these original strips attached to their cars? if yes, could you please post the dimensions of these strips along with the thickness. the book doesn't mention the size. i would like to make a couple of them for my lid. thanks in advance!

tom

rjw

Tom,
I think I have a pair which I haven't installed yet. I will take a look this weekend and let you know.
Richard

quicknick

My car still has the foam strips intact. My question is.... What color are they supposed to be? Body color or natural. Mine are red to match the trunk color, but they have been painted over. Is this correct? Advise. Nick

OP
OP
T

Talan423

nick-
the paragraph in the book says they are grey in color, so yes, yours must have been painted over.

tom

hcsstang

::)What part of the trunk lid do the foam stripes go? Both sides of the V or on the trunk side or the stripes side?

x-codegtcs

these pads are gray. I have the originals for both of my GT/CS's and can confirm that. I can get the dims in a week as I am out of town. The thickness will be a bit of a guess as they have been compressed from the years.

They are to be located as a pad between the qtr end caps and deck lid on the "front" of the upside-down "V" that mates to the end cap. It starts at the top of the V and extends down.

Someone help me out here - were these used instead of the rubber trunk lid bumpers that the Shelby's had?

Good luck

Bryce

hcsstang

::)I read some where that Shelbys used the rubber bumpers and Ford wanted to cut the expence down so they used the rubber strips instead. I saw one where it was in the front of the up side side V.The strips side. I don't no if that was orginal or not.

rjw

Okay,
I have dug these up out of storage...I believe these to be the correct "pads" that the previous owner may have obtained from Paul at some point. (They were in the bag with the replacement scoop screens ordered from Paul.) They are gray foam with almost a glossy finish on the non stick side. The other side has a white peel off which reveals the adhesive. They measure 4.5 inches long and 7/8" wide and are 3/16" thick. As for the placement of these, I will defer to Bryce. I can also dig up some video I did of a concours car which I believe had them. Sorry for the quality of the photo.
Hope this helps clear up the questions.
Richard

Attachments

• Copy_of_Picture_032.jpg
    Copy_of_Picture_032.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 17