CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/17/2007, 08:25 AM   #61
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworings View Post
[
Also, are we going to meet at the same place before the show and drive in together?
What time did everyone meet on Sunday last year? Same time this year? At the Starbucks on Beach - right?[/quote]

I think the Starbucks worked out pretty well. What time did we meet last year? I don't remember.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2007, 01:15 PM   #62
bztz4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
What time did everyone meet on Sunday last year? Same time this year? At the Starbucks on Beach - right?
I think the Starbucks worked out pretty well. What time did we meet last year? I don't remember.[/QUOTE]

The group I am meeting for the show made arrangements to get us in the park early we just have to help out with parking control. So I will see you all there, we are leaving early Friday morning and cruising down with about 80 to 100 Mustangs in tow.

2013 GT/CS Coupe Build Date: 8/1/2012
Blend Number: 3899 Build Sequence Number: 0396652
GTCSregistry.com
http://gtcsregistry.com
bztz4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2007, 03:38 PM   #63
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details

I think we met at Starbucks between 6-630 last year
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2007, 06:16 PM   #64
Russ

Mustangs Forever

eBay: g350t

My wife and I would love to meet everyone at Starbuck's, but we don't know the address or it's location. Is it after you get off the I-5 (?) on the left or right? We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Russ

Last edited by Russ; 04/18/2007 at 09:00 AM..

'66 GT 350, (2) GT/CS, '68 GT Coupe, '73 CJ Convertible, '05 GT, '07 Shelby GT, and some Model T Fords
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2007, 06:24 PM   #65
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
My wife and I would love to meet everyone at Starbuck's, but we don't know the address or it's location. It it after you get off the 405 (?) on the left or right? We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Russ

The address is :

7711 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, CA 90620

It is close to the 91. It's quite a ways from the 405. Where will you be coming from? Will you be joining us for dinner Saturday night?

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
Old 04/18/2007, 08:53 AM   #66
Russ

Mustangs Forever

We are coming from Arcadia, and will go south on the I-605, then south on the I-5 to CA 39. I know we will be at Starbucks, but will miss the dinner. See you Sunday. Russ

'66 GT 350, (2) GT/CS, '68 GT Coupe, '73 CJ Convertible, '05 GT, '07 Shelby GT, and some Model T Fords
Old 04/18/2007, 08:57 AM   #67
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
We are coming from Arcadia, and will go south on the I-605, then south on the I-405 to CA 39. I know we will be at Starbucks, but will miss the dinner. See you Sunday. Russ
If you're going South on the 605, don't go all the way to the 405. Take the 91 East. Get off at the Beach Blvd. exit and head South. You'll see the Starbucks on the right, by the Wax Museum.

Joe

Old 04/18/2007, 09:03 AM   #68
Russ

Mustangs Forever

Joe, You are right.....the 405 is way too far south. I think we will take I-5 to Beach Blvd. See you Sunday (I hope the weather cooperates!!)
Russ

Old 04/20/2007, 12:12 PM   #69
rananim
My Car Details

My wife Kristi and I are also up for meet at Starbuck's. Understand time to be 6:00-6:30 (Good Grief!! - leave SD around 4:30), to ensure parking with other CS's at Knott's. Is there a running count of how many will be there?
If we miss the caravan and go directly to Knott's, will they still direct us to "our kind" - cars that is :-)?
rananim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2007, 12:33 PM   #70
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by rananim View Post
My wife Kristi and I are also up for meet at Starbuck's. Understand time to be 6:00-6:30 (Good Grief!! - leave SD around 4:30), to ensure parking with other CS's at Knott's. Is there a running count of how many will be there?
If we miss the caravan and go directly to Knott's, will they still direct us to "our kind" - cars that is :-)?
If you miss the caravan, you will not get to park with the other GT/CS cars. Parking is first come first serve in your class. Since there is not a specific class for our cars you wouldn't get to park with us.

Joe

Old 04/20/2007, 12:34 PM   #71
Mustanger

Wink "... the early bird gets the parking spot ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rananim View Post
Yes, they'll try to direct you to the category which you registered, probably '68 coupe area. Since they're tight on parking, there's no guarantee that a) you'll find a spot next to the other Cal Specials, and b) that they (FFF Show Organizers) don't run out of room and send you to an "overflow/misc." area ... you might luck out and maybe this year there's plenty of room in the '68 coupe area and you won't have any trouble if you get there later ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2007, 12:10 PM   #72
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
I'm off to the airport in a few minutes. See everyone tonight at dinner or bright and early tomorrow.

Thanks Joe for coordinating the reservations!

admin is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions