• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Shelby Cobra unveiled

jk89cat

the generation under me, i am 28 btw. dont have a clue what a real car is . or even what a real truck is either . they just watch all these shows and think smaller less displacement is where its at and its not. this ricer scene makes me soo mad, but that a topic in itself . everyone by me tells me , oh thats whats available. why dont they get off their butts and see whats actually out there? you can still get some real nice cars for dirt cheap . one very overlooked is the mn12 chassis, tbird cat and fn10 mark8, all v8s all with some aftermarket. all they see is ricer or late mustang and camaro / firechicken. theres a lot out there if they want to take the time and get a car thats worth the time .

Mosesatm

[quote author=jk89cat link=board=1;threadid=1490;start=30#msg10401 date=1115836111]
one very overlooked is the mn12 chassis, tbird cat and fn10 mark8,
[/quote]

The what and the what?

x-codegtcs

With all that is said and done (mostly by myself) - I am going to try and get one just because. It would be my only real Shelby... ::)

Mosesatm

I think the proof that we are not the generation the automakers are targeting (big mistake since we have all the disposable income, and the time to spend it) can be seen in the recent changes to the Mitsubishi Galant.

IMHO the Galant was a good looking car for a 4-door. It was also one of the few cars that looked better with a rear wing, as on the GTZ, or whatever it was called. It had the classic late '60s proportions with the long nose and short rear deck. Now it is a Japanese origami nightmare. It looks like they tried to take the same route as Cadillac with the knife edge, folded paper look. Cadillac saw the light and has since rounded off the edges a little. And, of course, Chrysler hit a home run with their new 300 and its creased look.

I don't know......I'd take the look of the old 300 over the new one any day, and I'd certainly take the old Galant over the new Galant.

But then I thought that the early 90's Mustang looked much better than the late 90's slab-sided version so what do I know.

What do you think, is the new trend towards creases and slant-eyed taillights what the public wants or is it just a new look that the designers and marketing people are trying to force upon us?

P

PNewitt

I think that if SVT had approached the SHELBY Mustang project with the same attitude and sincerity that the FORD GT team did, we wouldn't be having this discussion about "dissappointment".

What if the FORD GT had a solid axle and no side scoops?

Could you include new SHELBY in same league as the prototype COBRA, and COBRA Coupe?

Remember the '93 SAAC Mustang? A great effort, but what are those cars worth now? They originally sold for $39,900--the same as the MSRP for the new Shelby for '06 (before dealer markup!!)

Paul N.