• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood lock placement

Mosesatm

Are your brackets installed? If so you might want to try my Mickey Mouse method. Just set pieces of chalk in the brackets and close the hood. The chalk will mark the underside of the hood. Make sure the chalk is not too high or you'll get lines instead of points. Any type of putty or even gum works too.....anything that will make a mark. If the brackets are not installed you definitely need the measurments.

PFSlim

The hook lock placements are in Paul's book. If you do not have a copy, please respond and someone will post them. As well, might look back through this forum. Someone has to have posted the measurements before.

My advise when cutting the holes is to take your time. Make sure you have good bits when cutting and get a hand from someone to help hold the hood in place.

Let us know if you need the page from Paul's book. I don't have my book at my office or I would post for you.

Paul

OP
OP
L8GR868

L8GR868

[quote author=L8GR868 link=board=1;threadid=1567;start=0#msg9442 date=1113268298]
Thank you for your help. ;D I appreciate everyones help.
Eric
Sunlitgold if you come back to Oklahoma look me up.
[/quote]

rvrtrash

Eric, where in Oklahoma are you? I get down to the Norman- Moore area about once a year.
Steve

OP
OP
L8GR868

L8GR868

I live in Yukon, just west of Oklahoma City, just off old Route 66.
Eric

rvrtrash

Well we'll just have to meet up the next time I'm down that way. I just missed the Chickasaw swap meet by a week this year. Maybe next year I'll hit it.
Steve