• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 1968 California Special GT/CS

mike in CA

Wanted to buy: 1968 GT/CS. I am looking for a good driver quality car as I can not afford a restored car. The very top of my budget is $14,000. I only have 3 requirements. It MUST have an automatic trans. Must be a V8. And lastly, it must be an original car with all the GT/CS package components. No clones or tributes. I prefer a California black plate car, but not required to be. Car must be complete and running as I am not up to a major project due to my disability.

Thanks much,

Mike

classicsguy

Mike: You should be able to get a car with those requirements and your budget. Check E bay and Craigslist regularly and along with this wanted ad you should do fine.I got my J code in this same forum. Be patient and the right car will come.

awb20

Mike,

I live here in San Diego. I am going to bankruptcy auction on Thursday and there is a 68 Cal. Special J code automatic for sale. I am thinking about buying it and would love to work out a deal. Please call me. Adam 858 324 4310.

OP
OP
mike in CA

mike in CA

Tom
Thanks for the link. It looks like a really nice car. Since I am in Northern Calif. though, it is about as far away as you can get and it is also over my price range. Logistics for me would be impossible as I am on a limited budget. I think I will have to find one a bit closer to my area. Hopefully one in Calif. or close to it. At least in the western states. Keep letting me know though if anyone finds one closer to me and my price range. Thanks all.
Cheers
Mike

classicsguy

Mike; There is a 1968 GT/CS on Craigslist San Diego J -code auto white $12k asking price Car is in Lemon Grove. Phone is (760) 803-8659. There are a lot of pictures but dont know how to link ad. Hope it helps

OP
OP
mike in CA

mike in CA

I saw that car last week. It was in a bankrupcy auction. It is missing the hood locks and has auto parts store fog lights. It is completely rusted out. In my opinion it is not worth 5K and would cost another 10K to get it right. But thanks for looking out

Cheers

Mike

classicsguy

i saw that car last week. It was in a bankrupcy auction. It is missing the hood locks and has auto parts store fog lights. It is completely rusted out. In my opinion it is not worth 5k and would cost another 10k to get it right. But thanks for looking out

cheers

mike

its now on e bay!!

OP
OP
mike in CA

mike in CA

It is also on the San Diego Craigslist. Can you believe he wants 12K for it. He has to be on drugs! I got slammed today by people telling me about the car because I put a finders fee post on Craigslist. I clearly stated in my post that it had to have all the original parts on the car and be rust free. Can they not tell it is rusted out and is missing the hood locks and has some funky yellow after market fog lights that they probably got at kragen.

By the way I was talking to Tim about possibly buying his car and was waiting for him to contact me. He never did and then I got an e-mail today that it was sold. Go figure.

Mike

GT/CS S Code

Make an offer?

Hey Mike,
The car in Florida looks pretty good from the photos, and although they are asking $15,995.00 the beginning of their ad says: "Make an offer ..."?
Who knows, if they're not getting much response you might be able to get the car including shipping to you in California within your budget?
Maybe someone from the forum is close enough to the seller to go and check the car out for you and discuss the pricing with them?
Just a thought ...
Good luck, and I hope you find your dream car!
Al

OP
OP
mike in CA

mike in CA

Al
I just sent him an e-mail with my budget. I am not holding my breath as the bids on ebay came to 15,800 and he did not sell it. But you never know.

OP
OP
mike in CA

mike in CA

I got a response from the guy in Florida. He said he has an offer of 17K and still wants more. I think he is dreaming, but I wish him luck.

Mike