• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT equipment

teamlo

Does anyone have the figures on how many 1968 California Specials and High Country Specials were equipped from the factory with the GT equipment group? Thanks.

6t8-390gt

I'll take a SWAG at this. All of the 390 4V cars and all the 428 CJ which should equal 227. Of the 962 J-code car let's say 25% were GT's that would be another 240. Total California Special/ HCS with factory GT option = 467.

How is that for a guess! Maybe Paul's new book will have the true numbers from Kevin Marti's data.

68gt390

Don't forget about the "X" code 390's. They also were eligible for the GT Equipment Group as well. I'm sure a few of those could be added in.

Don

6t8-390gt

Don't forget about the "X" code 390's. They also were eligible for the GT Equipment Group as well.

Don

I knew some X-codes were equipped with the GT option I did not think for the CS/HCS it could be more than a couple. Also I don't know if 25% is a high or low guess for the J-codes. Again just a SWAG.

Although if these numbers are close it makes the "standard" GT coupe almost as rare as a California Special.