• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

EXciting day for me today....closing a deal on a 390 CS

Mosesatm

Jason, when and where will us locals get to see the new car?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1652;start=15#msg10235 date=1115526867]
Jason, when and where will us locals get to see the new car?
[/quote]

I figure 2-3 weeks for the transport company to pick it up from Canada and haul it here.

Mosesatm

Do the speedometers on the Canadian cars show MPH or KPH?

x-codegtcs

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1652;start=0#msg10164 date=1115401649]
Not to nitpick, but is that engine original to the CS? It has a '67 air cleaner, and there is no hose to the crankcase cap from the AC either. The chrome lid is from a '67, too.

[/quote]

As far as I know the Chrome lid is correct for the 68 GT option - at least on the documentation and photos that I have seen. I have been searching all over for a lid like that for my 67. A buddy that has a 68 390 GT Fastback and has a lid like Hook's.

I picked up one that is painted and severly rusted and still contemplating if it can be fixed by the chrome shop.

I will probably eat some crow on this as I just looked up some of the photos - (Mustang Restoration Guide by Corcoran and Davis pp140-141). The two 390 photos are different cars, but while they refer to different years under each photo, they do not say which year the photo is for. Anyway, I may be completely wrong, so just ignore the ugly cuzin...

Great looking car. I am jealous.

PS - if you need to find an a buyer for the lid and lower cleaner - please let me know.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

PS - if you need to find an a buyer for the lid and lower cleaner - please let me know.

When I get the car I will determine if I want to locate a 68 style cleaner and lid. If I do I will contact you about this one. Most likely if the motor can be made into a 68 style (it could be a 67 390 motor) I will. I have a concours correct autolite carb just restored from Pony Carbs waiting for the car to arrive. Hopefully it will work on this car and I will need a 68 GT 390 cleaner assembly.

Anyone have a 69 390 air cleaner assembly for sale?