• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lucas light question

Tequila

I read thru about 6 pages of threads related to Lucas lights and cant find any info related to my qn. There were a total of 11 pages in my search results....sorry if this a duplicate.

I am trying to figure out the correct specs to identify the original Lucas fog lights. I know the true ones have chrome back and the wiring base has the black insert as opposed to the grey ones that you see a lot of. My main questions is related to the lens. I had a few people say the originals has the word "england" scribed on the glass as opposd to "foreign glass". The picture of the lucas lens shown in the reference section do not have the words "England" in it? It has "E11" on it. So, is that a picture of truly an original? Or are they both considered originals?

Are there any other identifying features for the lghts? I am planning to do an all out blitz by searching and posting wanted ads in Shelby/mustang forums to find an original pair, either slightly used or an NOS. thanks.

dalorzo_f

This is a detail of what's on mine... I do not know if they are original or not.

Don't have a shot of the grommet and don't remember if its grey or black, but they lens can be replaced independently so the two parts need to be assessed individually...

OP
OP
T

Tequila

wow, this is really cool. Appreciate the drawing. It is consistent with Pete Disher's website. Thanks!!

Maine gt/cs

Mine are original to the car I have and are exactly the same as pictured and with the small black grommet. I bought an original pair on ebay a couple of years ago exactly the same as mine for $220.00 and put them on the car when I restored it so I can restore the original ones. They do come up once in awhile.

Tim

Mosesatm

I've been told, but have not confirmed it, that the original lenses are not supposed to have the A in a circle.

OP
OP
T

Tequila

Mine are original to the car I have and are exactly the same as pictured and with the small black grommet. I bought an original pair on ebay a couple of years ago exactly the same as mine for $220.00 and put them on the car when I restored it so I can restore the original ones. They do come up once in awhile.

Tim

Wow, I wish they were still available for $220. I am seeing later year models for 2 to 3 times as much on ebay.

dalorzo_f

And yes, it appears Pete's blueprint does not have the "A".... some front end parts on my car were ink stamped Sept/Oct '72 as FoMoCo Service replacements so maybe my fogs are of that era too...