• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 GT/CS Mustang

19HCS68

I saw my first '07 GT/CS today in Lakewood, CO. My first impression was, "I hate that hood scoop!". My next impression was, "They want $1800 + for this GT/CS option?!?!?". I guess the side scoops, hood scoop and GT/CS decal makes up $1800+ added price for this car. I myself was NOT IMPRESSED at all!!! I would save my money and get a plain GT model and dress it up better myself, or get a Rouch GT. Ford had a great idea doing the Mustang retro, love that look. But, after seeing the new GT/CS and the Shelby versions, I'm sorely dissapointed. :cry: I'll keep my '68 HCS and make the new GT/CS owners jealous. :icon_ecst Just my not so humble opinion.

Gary

P

PNewitt

Actually, for the $1,800, you get the side stripes, side scoops, custom front fascia, (also used on the Hertz Shelby), a GT wing, and rear fascia, which has a dark grey bottom, with little verticle fins, and the dual exhaust (a ground FX). You also get the "GT California Special" faux gas cap emblem.

One showed up for sale at Harrold Ford in Sacto on Monday. Redfire with black stripes. It sold the next day. I didn't even get time to photograph it!

These will sell! People will love them, too.

I don't mean to take away from the '68 loyalty and enthusiasm, but the new car will have a great effect on the old ones; in terms of values and awareness. Ya can't knock that!

Ford dealers can't get enough of these!

Paul.

MoonHawk

Bought mine off the lot 2 weeks ago tomorrow. It was in the showroom at Graham Ford here in Columbus, loaded with all the fun options. While I love the older models (owned a 1964.5 many years ago), I adore my new one. No regrets on the price, for me, just as a Mustang lover, it was well worth it.

Mustanger

MoonHawk said:
Yes, they are in my gallery.

Nice car, and also in black ... cool. You mentioned that you want to remove the decal stripes and paint the striping in a silver color. Do the pic's in your gallery show your car with the decals, or are they already removed ? If not, you're right, it is hard to see the striping ...

MoonHawk

The stripes are there. On black they are hard to see, let alone photograph. I was going to get some better pictures this past weekend, but got caught up in family get togethers. It is definitely on the list for this week (newer, better pictures).

Thanks for the compliment by the way! I as well like the black the best, however saw a red one the other day posted on a site, it is pretty sharp as well.

P

PNewitt

MoonHawk said:
The stripes are there. On black they are hard to see, let alone photograph.

Instead of having them painted on, I'm sure that a (Ford Licensed) company like (I think it's) "Graphic Express" that makes lots of Mustang stripe kits--will make the new GT/CS Stripe in other colors. I actually can't believe that Ford would make black on black stripes.

I would choose the darker gunmetal color of part of your interior for the stripe material color. You could use white, but you're right--it is kinda stark looking.

You might consider having a local vinyl sign co. make a new set. But you'll have to do something like a pencil rubbing of the stripe--especially the "GT/CS" font within the stripe, as a one-off for your car (not to sell). You'll need the thickness (width) and spacing of the stripes, too.

Take the paper rubbing to the vinyl co., and they might be able to scan it, and make something workable.

Just some ideas.

Paul.

Mustanger

... yeah, white maybe a sharp contrast but that's what Ford and Shelby did back in '68 ... but if you can pick, silver or pewter could look pretty cool ...

MoonHawk

This is actually a really good idea. I work for a company that does exterior vinyl window graphics....I never even thought of that! My only concern though is that most of it is PSV (Pressure Sensitive Vinyl), and it may not hold up as well as a stripe kit made specifically for cars. Definitely something to check into though.

It's not really a black on black...it's more of a ghost gray. In person it's really sharp looking but trying to photograph it is difficult.

Thanks for the ideas!!

PNewitt said:
Instead of having them painted on, I'm sure that a (Ford Licensed) company like (I think it's) "Graphic Express" that makes lots of Mustang stripe kits--will make the new GT/CS Stripe in other colors. I actually can't believe that Ford would make black on black stripes.

I would choose the darker gunmetal color of part of your interior for the stripe material color. You could use white, but you're right--it is kinda stark looking.

You might consider having a local vinyl sign co. make a new set. But you'll have to do something like a pencil rubbing of the stripe--especially the "GT/CS" font within the stripe, as a one-off for your car (not to sell). You'll need the thickness (width) and spacing of the stripes, too.

Take the paper rubbing to the vinyl co., and they might be able to scan it, and make something workable.

Just some ideas.

Paul.

MoonHawk

True, the color contrast is what set the Mustang apart from the rest. To stay true to that original idea, white might be the better choice....

Mustanger said:
... yeah, white maybe a sharp contrast but that's what Ford and Shelby did back in '68 ... but if you can pick, silver or pewter could look pretty cool ...

P

PNewitt

This might be a little too "custom", but you could make the center section of the stripe in white, and the two smaller stripes (top and bottom) in pewter.

That would kind of like the two-tone stripe that had on the Green Hornet (which was white and gold).

All you need to ask the vinyl co., is if they make (or have in stock) the automotive stripe quality material (by, I think, 3M).

As a rule of thumb, most stripes on the Mustangs were based on the interior colors, although there are some exceptions.

In any case--whatever you do, it will be very classy!

You also might consider getting the (07) Shelby spoiler for your CS. You can get them (unpainted) through your Ford dealer.

When it's all done, you'll have something to compete with the new Hertz Mustang!

Paul.

Attachments

• stripe.jpg
    stripe.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

MoonHawk

I like the stripe design Paul! I am checking with our crew here at work to see what type of vinyl we use, and if it can be digitally printed. I have a body guy south of me in the Cincinnati area, but am looking for someone closer to home here in Columbus that could do this for me. Having never taken off or applied striping, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Thanks for all the input!!!
Charlotte

PNewitt said:
This might be a little too "custom", but you could make the center section of the stripe in white, and the two smaller stripes (top and bottom) in pewter.

That would kind of like the two-tone stripe that had on the Green Hornet (which was white and gold).

All you need to ask the vinyl co., is if they make (or have in stock) the automotive stripe quality material (by, I think, 3M).

As a rule of thumb, most stripes on the Mustangs were based on the interior colors, although there are some exceptions.

In any case--whatever you do, it will be very classy!

You also might consider getting the (07) Shelby spoiler for your CS. You can get them (unpainted) through your Ford dealer.

When it's all done, you'll have something to compete with the new Hertz Mustang!

Paul.

68gt390

MoonHawk said:
I like the stripe design Paul! I am checking with our crew here at work to see what type of vinyl we use, and if it can be digitally printed. I have a body guy south of me in the Cincinnati area, but am looking for someone closer to home here in Columbus that could do this for me. Having never taken off or applied striping, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Thanks for all the input!!!
Charlotte

Charlotte;
I know an individual here in the Columbus area that may be able to help with this very project. He's helped me do a lot with my car. I'll get you his name and number this weekend. Just to let you know, I won't have the CS up at the Dublin show this weekend. Am going to the PPG, Good Guys event at the Expo Center instead. Have been to the Dublin show the past 4 years so thought I'd change up this year. I'll definitely be at our all Mustang show in August. I'll send you an email with a listing of local show's for next several months and maybe we can set-up something to show both car's together at one of them.

Don

MoonHawk

Thanks Don, appreciate that! Not knowing the local body shops, it will be nice to have someone that comes recommended.

I saw the cars going in the expo center this morning. I work down on 17th. I was thinking of visiting there as well, to get a look at all those great oldies, and of course to see what types of memorabilia they have.

Called Graphics Express, they do not have authorization from Ford yet to reproduce the GT/CS stripe :( But, I have a call into the dealer ship where I bought it to see if Ford is offering different colors.

Thanks!
Charlotte

68gt390 said:
Charlotte;
I know an individual here in the Columbus area that may be able to help with this very project. He's helped me do a lot with my car. I'll get you his name and number this weekend. Just to let you know, I won't have the CS up at the Dublin show this weekend. Am going to the PPG, Good Guys event at the Expo Center instead. Have been to the Dublin show the past 4 years so thought I'd change up this year.

Don :wink:

mwilson7

19HCS68 said:
I saw my first '07 GT/CS today in Lakewood, CO. My first impression was, "I hate that hood scoop!". My next impression was, "They want $1800 + for this GT/CS option?!?!?". I guess the side scoops, hood scoop and GT/CS decal makes up $1800+ added price for this car. I myself was NOT IMPRESSED at all!!! I would save my money and get a plain GT model and dress it up better myself, or get a Rouch GT. Ford had a great idea doing the Mustang retro, love that look. But, after seeing the new GT/CS and the Shelby versions, I'm sorely dissapointed. :cry: I'll keep my '68 HCS and make the new GT/CS owners jealous. :icon_ecst Just my not so humble opinion.

Gary

Gary,

You also forgot the 18" Polished wheels, bright exhaust tips, CS/GT gas cap and the tu-tone seats. Considering that the wheels alone are an $825 option that brings the price of everything else down to around $1000.

Find me somewhere that will install a painted front and rear facia, side scoops and tu tone the seats for that price. Oh...don't forget the side decals......:wink:

P.S. The hoodscoop is not part of the package. It is part of the GT Appearance Package which consists of the hoodscoop, engine cover and bright exhaust tips.