• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wheel change

BrandonB

How do you take the caps off of the GT wheels? I have heard use a screwdriver but i dont want to risk bending chipping or scratching...is there a better way? please help and thanks in advance.

darb

PRY! Take a rag, double it up and set it on the argent part of the wheel. Slide the screw driver into the tiny bent grooves on the GT Hub and GENTLY tap until you hear the side pop a bit. Move to the next grove working in a circle until it comes off.

Think of it like taking off a paint lid. You just work around in circles taking care not to ding or scratch until it comes off.

-Brad

P.S My car has been removed of all chrome and acessories for it's Gulfstream Aqua paint job on Tuesday. I'll post pictures.

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Woo grats brad, thanks for helping me cant wait to see your cars fresh new paint!