• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What a bummer that came in the mail today

390cs68rcode

A few days ago I scored a NOS set of rocker trim panels off of Ebay for my 390 for a great price. They arrived today and were both bent waaaaay beyond repair.

jk89cat

what carrier did the seller ship them? didnt he make so they couldnt be bent over? certains parts should be shipped with a peice of 1x4 for such just reason or in a pcv pipe .

68Fan

Sorry to hear that. Buying off e-bay has been good to me a this point but I'll make sure and keep this in mind when purchasing in the future.

Hope you can get a refund or reimbursment.

19HCS68

That would truly be a bummer! :'( MY experience with USPS is they can break an anvil, mess up a junk yard or screw up a wet dream. I would NEVER trust them to ship ANYTHING of ANY value. :mad:

Gary

P.S. Sorry if my comments offend anyone, as that is not my intent. Just my opinion on the subject.

jk89cat

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2205;start=0#msg15048 date=1128627721]
usps

was in the original ford large stiff cardboard tube.
[/quote]

wow and they bent the factory ford tube, those things are pretty tough

68MustangHCS

BUMMER! I bought an overhead console and it came bent too..but I was able to bend it back without damaging it more.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68MustangHCS link=board=1;threadid=2205;start=0#msg15059 date=1128639446]
BUMMER! I bought an overhead console and it came bent too..but I was able to bend it back without damaging it more.
[/quote]

too bad I can't bend the rocker panels. :-\

Mustanglvr

If they weren`t bent when the seller sent them to you, get a statement from him and have USPS pay you for the damage. It might work. All you can do is try.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

I have been up this road a bunch of times. Nothing in the auction said anything about insurance and the usps label was only for $10.65. I did however paid exactly what the seller instructed me to pay for shipping $18.35.

I think this one will work out. I am really bummed about not getting the NOS rocker panel moldings.

Doug57

I ship every day with UPS, save the tube,contact the seller to put in a claim.Every item shipped is insured for 100.00 dollars at no cost, for every 100.00 more it cost about 35 cents.For such a small claim UPs will probably pay the shipper,who in turn will have to pay you,hopefully.Good luck Doug

Doug57

Clarify: Every item is insured up to 100.00. If its worth 20.00, you get back 20.00,not 100.00.Also request your shipping money to be refunded,you paid for a reliable service, which they did not provide

hookedtrout

Doug, I think you will notice they are dealing with uSps not ups, not sure if USPS will come through as well as UPS would.

Cory

Doug57

OH, that changes everything.That will probably be real hard to get anything.Sorry I thought it was UPS.I find UPS better than post office.If there is a choice I would take UPS in the future. Good Luck Doug

mikegtcs1968

Can you take a pic of the damage? I reworked my messed up rocker mouldings with my english wheel and friction wheel(to shrink the metal) until they where perfect.