• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My Car Pics

Here are a few pics I found of my car that I took about a year when I first started it. Its with the cowl split off, before sandblasting. All the sheet metal has been replaced and welded up, but it looked bad when i first started. The wheels on the back are just to work with, I have a set I've already bought to go with my 5 lug disck change over and IRS in the back. The front is on dolly wheels. ::) I had to pick the car up by hand in the front and use a winch to pull the car from behind up on the trailer. Even with everything out of the car, it was very heavy. I'm glad the suspenion is back on now, it's much easier to move around with wheels ;D Thought it might amuse some of you. I've made some fiberglass fender flares(front and back) since, maybe to add on. I'll post pics later on.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 17

68sunlitgold

Wow,
It looks like you have some work to do on replacing the quarter panels. It looks like the cowls have seen better days too. I like the idea of the dolly wheels for the front. What size engine did it have? I do like the color, I have always liked that sade of blue, especially with the white top. Good luck on the restoration. I love watching a car go from this to looking like new.
Doug

OP
OP
M
It had a inline 200 in it w/AC, but all the factory ac stuff was missing off the engine. I've tracked down all original parts to build up the AC again. Also, the air cleaner and snorkel were gone, I had hell finding one. The car is now in primer, with the engine and trans in. I had the engine and trans rebuilt. I've finished all the sheet metal repair, and I'm block sanding now. I haven't quite decided on paint yet. I replaced all the fiberglass parts with originals off of my parts cars, or the fiberglass reproductions I make. I have taken pics all through my steps, and I'm now writing a restoration book that I will later publish. I'll have to post pics of my car now, it looks completly different. I'm just glad my rocker panels, torque boxes, and frame rails were in good shape to begin with. It has made things alot easier that having to completly cut the car apart. I Por-15 the inside of the frame rails, rocker panels and torque boxes to stop any rust on the inside.

Wait a minute. What is that car I see in the street?? Sure looks like a Ford GT40. Is it?? I might know you. I work at Ford and know the Roush guys that are making the GT for us. Have a 68 GTCS myself.

OP
OP
M
Haha, its a GT-40 replica, I couldn't live without a GT-40, and I couldn't afford an original one. I was able to afford to build one because I designed several parts of the replica body from an orginal here in the US, including the decals, thats because South Africa doesn't really have a lot of GT-40's driving around to copy ;D. Thats what I drive now for a daily driver. I do know from CAV that Ford bought some of my cad drawings to aid in the design and construction of the new GT. Where do you live, I may know you??