• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Power Steering Control Valve

gazrox

Has anyone used the Flaming River control valve as a replacement for the Bendix control valve? Interested in opinions before I decide to find a rebuilt Bendix or just buy the new Flaming River unit.

I have a Bendix at the moment but it is beyond rebuilding and I won't get credit for a core.

Thanks.

Ruppstang

I have not used their control valve but have used their steering box. It was very good. I do not know if your car is all original or has some mods. If it is the latter I would recomend the Borgensen power steering box conversion. I have a fellow club member that used it and he loves it. I think there is a piece about it in this monthes Mustang Monthly. Marty

robert campbell

I just installed a Borgeson on a 1966 Fairlane convertible. If you are not a concurs guy, throw that old crap away!!! Borgeson is the stuff!! Or the S__t!!!

Rob

Mosesatm

That looks like a good solution for my car. I removed the PS years ago which is great for driving on the highway but a little rough in parking lots.

Rob, where did you purchase yours? I see Summit and Jegs sell them for $850 and CJ Pony Parts has them for $800.

Did you install your box from the top by removing the booster and the export brace, or from the bottom by removing the exhaust?

Last edited: