• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Script Position

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

"Badges"!!! "We don't need no stinking badges"!

Don't start me on "Airplane" the movie!!! "Picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue"! :grin:

Rob

Midnight Special

Attachments

• 1687.jpg
    1687.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 22

franklinair

The biggest mystery to me is the apparent correctness of the tail light panel & wiring harness. But I guess a dealer mod COULD have been done that well. (And COULD have copied the script location from an early display car.) ????????

Neil

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

The biggest mystery to me is the apparent correctness of the tail light panel & wiring harness. But I guess a dealer mod COULD have been done that well. (And COULD have copied the script location from an early display car.) ????????

Neil

Neil,
You are right on it! Has anyone ever discussed the little bracket that the fog light breaker attaches to! Under the fuse block. In my experience a non-GT car, which mine is, would not have this little bracket. My car does! It is another tell tale sign of a GT/CS car to my knowledge? I may be wrong. Again, another small detail that someone did in the conversion of this car.

Please, do not throw out your back trying to squeeze under the dash to look!

Rob

CougarCJ

Rob, what does that bracket look like? Are there a couple of relays attached?

My thought is that it is part of the convenience group, which your car has or had. Low fuel and seat belt reminder relays.

I would have to dig, but I may have one that I removed from an XR7.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Scott,
My car still has the convenience group. It is a “Z” shaped bracket held on by the screws that bolt the fuse block to the inside of the firewall. Gives a flat surface to bolt additional stuff on just left of the fuse block. The breaker is a two post unit for the fog lights. My 67 GT car had the same breaker/bracket so to speak as it was a fog light car. I have been in non-GT 67 Mustangs and the bracket was not there.

This is the only 68 Mustang I have spent a great deal of time around. Maybe all 68 Mustangs got the bracket?

I will take a pic tonight. I moved my fuse box a bit the right and up a bit to clear my new Lokar cable throttle set up. So it will look a hair different. But the bracket and breaker will be easy to see. I do not think the convenience group had a relays in this area.

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Scott,
Here is the picture of the bracket and the breaker for the fog lights. Notice the FOMOCO stamp on it. All GT/CS cars should have this bracket and breaker to the best of my knowledge.

Rob

DSCN6375.jpg

Ruppstang

All 68's that had optional equiptment used that accessory
bracket. Like fog lts,AC or tilt column. Marty

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Marty,
But my car was a GNS. It had no fogs (unless added for the GT/CS package). It was not a GT car. It does not have A/C or a tilt wheel. It does have a convenience group.

Rob

Last edited:

CougarCJ

Yep, it is called a relay mounting bracket. The basic part number is 14A323.

I believe that the relay mounted to the upper half of that bracket is the seat belt reminder relay. See picture above.