• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'08 Twister rear end is the '68 CS rear end!!

aemoo28

Time for a debate! Look on this website and tell me that's NOT the CS trunk end of a 1968 CS. Why oh why is it on the 2008 Twister Special and not on my 2008 California Special? Now I am MAD. Grrrrr! It's the exact rear end that should be on the '07-'08 Cali, but for some reason it's on the Twister!? My CS has a GT rear, and the Twister has my CS rear?!! Grrrr. How do you guys feel? Grrrrrr.

http://www.themustangnews.com/eventcov_07/st-1007sema11.htm

@Holmes

You purchased a CS from Ford - and your car is awsome. THIS IS NOT A FORD PRODUCT! Licenced? maybe. Yes, it is a good copy of a CS deck spoller. But Ford did not produce this part. They could have made this for the modern CS. I'm sure that with the right $ you could purchase this aftermarket and instal it on your car. But would you wnat to? IMO there are going to be several new "limited production" cars this year. Don't get distracted.

RedGTvert

You purchased a CS from Ford - and your car is awsome. THIS IS NOT A FORD PRODUCT! Licenced? maybe. Yes, it is a good copy of a CS deck spoller. But Ford did not produce this part. They could have made this for the modern CS. I'm sure that with the right $ you could purchase this aftermarket and instal it on your car. But would you wnat to? IMO there are going to be several new "limited production" cars this year. Don't get distracted.

Still a good looking car none the less.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Thank you for the link. This is an easy fix. I feel dumb now. I got all mad over that, too. And I agree- it's more than a hobby...

rvrtrash

Thank you for the link. This is an easy fix. I feel dumb now. I got all mad over that, too. And I agree- it's more than a hobby...

You're welcome, and don't feel dumb. We're all here for each other and we've all asked questions that someone else had a ready answer too. :wink:

Steve