• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear Seat Foam

Mosesatm

I've decided to rebuild the seats in my car and can easily find seat foam for the front seats (expensive!!!) but can't find any vendor for rear seat foam. Any suggestions?

joedls

I did the seats for my 65. I just used 1" foam, cut it to the shape and size of the frame, then glued a second layer that was big enough to wrap around the edges of the frame. It worked pretty well.

I also couldn't find any pre-formed foam for the rear seats.

bbeatty

I've never seen a vendor offer precut padding for the back seat. Sounds like a business opportunity for someone because I read this question a lot.

I just made my own by adding foam and stuffing until it looked right and felt right. I figured it didn't matter too much as I'm getting too old to spend much time back there anyway! ;)

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1876;start=0#msg12324 date=1120836006]
I've decided to rebuild the seats in my car and can easily find seat foam for the front seats (expensive!!!) but can't find any vendor for rear seat foam. Any suggestions?
[/quote]

As you all are finding out, front seat foam is easy to find. At present there is no vendor that makes rear seat foam. I searched high and low and was told everytime, you've got to do your own thing when it comes to the back seats. I used what they call Poly-Fil Nu-Foam. Simply bought strips of it from a local hobby shop and glued them together until I got the right shape and density I wanted. Doesn't really have to be to perfect on the rear since my rear seats don't get used except for my 10' by 10' pop-up canopy. It just takes a little patience and artistry.

Don ;)