• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

trunk decals

hotrodgrany

I just received the trunk decals for my 07 GT/CS today from Bob White of bobwhitedecals.com and as soon as I can have them put on they will look like this. I will take picture and post for you as soon as I can.

Attachments

• DSC07974.JPG
    DSC07974.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 68

Z28ZL1

I like the decal and think it looks like it would round out the rear of the car more nicely. Now you will have to remove your Cali Special script decals to place these on. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the black exterior paint. What color of decal? Silver or white? Send pics soon.

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

I like the decal and think it looks like it would round out the rear of the car more nicely. Now you will have to remove your Cali Special script decals to place these on. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the black exterior paint. What color of decal? Silver or white? Send pics soon.
quick answer to what color, it is reflective white/silver. I will show you all what I mean, this is my side panal stripes I replaced with. The first two a after pic are at night, but the last is a day pic not the best but here they are:

Attachments

• PICT0160.JPG
    PICT0160.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 32
  • PICT0165.JPG
    PICT0165.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 34
  • PICT1720.JPG
    PICT1720.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

I just received the trunk decals for my 07 GT/CS today from Bob White of bobwhitedecals.com and as soon as I can have them put on they will look like this. I will take picture and post for you as soon as I can.
I paid $50 from someone else and sent to him to make sure everthing fit and he redesigned this for me and knows what I want. I am not sure what Bob is asking, but I can say one thing reflective is a little more in price, but to me well worth it in the end and he charged me nothing since I furnished the other decals. I will see what he may be asking for and I pretty sure he will make it for you. I have been keepng him busy with all the new GT/CS decals I want and I know there are others who have also purchased from him. All I can say to those that need something for your new one, say Kathy sent you. I have been asking if he wants to make decals that will fit the 68"s as well as he doesn't have them on his site, but if he gets enough request, maybe he can help those as well. He has been in the business around 30yrs and that says a lot to me and is so easy to work with.

Z28ZL1

Reflective color is also a great saftey feature at night, especially for a black car.
Thanks.

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

To let you all know the prices.Whole kit(side panals and rear trunk $180 non reflective and $200 for reflective or just the rear trunk $70 for non reflective or $80 for reflective. I just got back from Bob. I hope this will help.

RebelYell

I paid $50 from someone else and sent to him to make sure everthing fit and he redesigned this for me and knows what I want. I am not sure what Bob is asking, but I can say one thing reflective is a little more in price, but to me well worth it in the end and he charged me nothing since I furnished the other decals. I will see what he may be asking for and I pretty sure he will make it for you. I have been keepng him busy with all the new GT/CS decals I want and I know there are others who have also purchased from him. All I can say to those that need something for your new one, say Kathy sent you. I have been asking if he wants to make decals that will fit the 68"s as well as he doesn't have them on his site, but if he gets enough request, maybe he can help those as well. He has been in the business around 30yrs and that says a lot to me and is so easy to work with.

Hey hotrodgrany,

I have ordered the complete set for the sides including the scoop and the rear decking as well in silver. I have a black GT/CS and instead of going with the decals for the Mustang and California script I ordered the repo 68 script of both in chrome metal. The California Special script came with the post and nor adhesive so thanks to Z28ZL1 and others I took about 8 hours with an exacto knife cutting around the script with the 3M tape after removing the post. The Mustang script came with the adhesive tape already one....thank God. You and Z28ZL1 gave me the confidence and ideas to go ahead and mimic the 68 GT/CS. Thanks. I haven't gotten my rear strip yet but since you have yours I guess mine is on its way. Your right about Bob White. I have been doing business with him since I got my 05 GT. I ordered the black running pony and put it on the empty space above the glove box. The picture of that is on his web site. As soon as I get the strips on I'll take plenty of pics to share. Oh yes I also put the hood pin on as well minus the lanyards. I hope this will be a true tribute to the classic California Special.

Scott

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

Hey hotrodgrany,

I have ordered the complete set for the sides including the scoop and the rear decking as well in silver. I have a black GT/CS and instead of going with the decals for the Mustang and California script I ordered the repo 68 script of both in chrome metal. The California Special script came with the post and nor adhesive so thanks to Z28ZL1 and others I took about 8 hours with an exacto knife cutting around the script with the 3M tape after removing the post. The Mustang script came with the adhesive tape already one....thank God. You and Z28ZL1 gave me the confidence and ideas to go ahead and mimic the 68 GT/CS. Thanks. I haven't gotten my rear strip yet but since you have yours I guess mine is on its way. Your right about Bob White. I have been doing business with him since I got my 05 GT. I ordered the black running pony and put it on the empty space above the glove box. The picture of that is on his web site. As soon as I get the strips on I'll take plenty of pics to share. Oh yes I also put the hood pin on as well minus the lanyards. I hope this will be a true tribute to the classic California Special.

Scott
I am getting mine put on this Wednesday afternoon at a Ford delership here. Those who ever been on Bobs site, here are 2 of my Mustangs on his site, the black was my '03' V6 and the silver one was my '05' GT. If you have been on his site you will find the picture of his Shelby GT and Shelby GT500. check out the rear splash guards, these are reflective white, he made for me and I adheared them,what a job,but worth it, and by the way, the black Mustang is still in my hometown and she is even more fussier than I, we can't stand a dirty Stang and we are contantly cleaning ours, you know what I mean. Should have pictures posted as soon as I can get them taken.
By the way Bob had a silver one like mine minus the rear wing,and it is on his site under the 05-06,showing what he has to offer.
One thing, for the love of me, I can't figure out why Ford left these off the new GT/CS, I mean rear scriped emblems and trunk striping.

Attachments

• 05RPGTsm.jpg
    05RPGTsm.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 84
  • Brakelight4sm.jpg
    Brakelight4sm.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 21
  • kbrookbank.jpg
    kbrookbank.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 21
  • kbrookbank3.jpg
    kbrookbank3.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 23
  • bobwhite.jpg
    bobwhite.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Mustanglvr

Welcome to the site RebelYell! and all the rest of you new members. It`s great to see the enthusiasim and love you have for your 07`s, as much as we do for our 68`s. :thumb: GT/CS PRIDE!!!

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

Hey hotrodgrany,

Scott

Ok Scott here they are on mine, just got done this afternoon and, all I can say I LOVE them, I also had the 68 scriped wording Mustang put on as well, just need those rear panal emblems and I think I may be done.

Attachments

• PICT0176.JPG
    PICT0176.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT0177.JPG
    PICT0177.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 24
  • PICT0178.JPG
    PICT0178.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT0183.JPG
    PICT0183.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0180.JPG
    PICT0180.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 31
P

PNewitt

...as an FYI...

I ran this thread by my contact(s) at Ford, and the CS folks are impressed with what you guys are up to.

Very cool, very tasteful; and I like it too!!

Paul N.

Z28ZL1

Looks really awesome! Hope Ford takes note and incoprorate some of these
ideas in their future C/S.....heh. There a lot of things Ford could have done
which we are doing to ours...but then the price of the car would have gone up. Anyway, looks really great...and it tells everyone you have a California Special from the rear and sides. Great job.

bztz4m

Looks really awesome! Hope Ford takes note and incoprorate some of these
ideas in their future C/S.....heh. There a lot of things Ford could have done
which we are doing to ours...but then the price of the car would have gone up. Anyway, looks really great...and it tells everyone you have a California Special from the rear and sides. Great job.

I like the look but the only thing I won't not want on mine would be the GT/CS. I would rather have the stripe solid all the way across.

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

I like the look but the only thing I won't not want on mine would be the GT/CS. I would rather have the stripe solid all the way across.
I know that Bob would do that for you, just let him know,as you may know by now that he will make it the way you want. Just letting eveyone know he is on vacation right now as I just check his site, but he will get back to you as soon as he returns.