• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS For Sale---Selling my 289 Royal Maroon CS (dial up warning large photos)

390cs68rcode

1968 Mustang California Special (#6 on the calendar voting)
Up for sale is a VERY original 68 GT/CS with 48,000 original miles. This car has the 289 2V engine, automatic, A/C, power steering and working 8 track/AM
radio. The exterior color is Royal Maroon with black interior. I have a deluxe Marti report on the car and will list the options further down. This car was purchased
by me from the second owner. The original owner drove it a little and from what I was told passed away and the car sat in a garage for many years. The original
exhaust is still on the car. I have spent a lot of time going over this car from front to back and when something was not perfect I replaced it with NOS parts
where available or concourse parts if no NOS parts were able to be located. I could list all the parts I have replaced but I think it is not needed as I have all the
receipts. I have all the receipts for the parts and service I have performed on the car over the last year. I have made the AC work perfectly, replaced the white
vinyl top and had the paint professionally buffed. This buffing took 12 hours to do and makes the paint shine like glass. I had the original instrument bezel and dash
trim pieces rechromed so they look like new. I replaced the grill molding and repainted it the correct color along with replacing the fog light bulbs. I had most of the
engine gaskets replaced so the car does not leak and fluids (this was pricey). I had the engine compartment completely detailed and have spent many hours in
putting proper decals and stickers where they belong to look like it did from the factory. I have some 1970 dated tires that can be added to the sale of the car,
these are mounted on 68/69 GT style wheels (same as what is on the car now). The current BF Goodrich tires have less than 1000 miles on them. I have entered this
car in roughly 6 shows and it has won 4 times and came second to another one of my cars. I guarantee this car will have no disappointments. If you want a car that
you can jump into and drive without having to do anything, this is the one. This car needs nothing! I could go on and on about this car but would rather tell
you there are no problems and you won’t be disappointed.

Marti report options:
California Special
C-4 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic
6.95 X 14-4 Ply Rated Tires
White Sidewall Tires
Power Steering
Air Conditioner-Selectaire
AM Radio
Tinted Glass
Deluxe Belts
Wheel Covers

Price is $24,000 firm

You can email me at gtcs68390@aol.com or PM me through the site

p4280014.jpg

p4280015.jpg

p4280016.jpg

p4280017.jpg

p4280018.jpg

p4280019.jpg

p4280020.jpg

p4280022.jpg

p4280023.jpg

p4280024.jpg

p4280025.jpg

p4280026.jpg

mikegtcs1968

Re:GT/CS For Sale---Selling my 289 Royal Maroon CS (dial up warning large photos

What condition is the steering wheel in? When was the car re-painted? What kind of paint was used?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Re:GT/CS For Sale---Selling my 289 Royal Maroon CS (dial up warning large photos

[quote author=mikegtcs1968 link=board=3;threadid=2229;start=0#msg15282 date=1129001967]
What condition is the steering wheel in? When was the car re-painted? What kind of paint was used?
[/quote]

The steering wheel has a small crack at 6:00. I am not sure of what kind of paint was used, we figured it was painted fairly recently (3-4 years). The shine on it is a show quality shine. No disappointments.

68sunlitgold

Jason,
very nice car and the detaling in the engine compartment is outstanding....I can use this as reference on my car.

Doug