• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for GT/CS cars in Wa for Roundup

aemoo28

Anyone in Wa State want to attend the annual MNW Roundup this July? The judges aren't recognizing my '08GT/CS- saying it's JUST A SPECIAL ORDER GT!! Oh I argued! Limited production, etc, to no avail BUT if I can get 8 (?) Cali Spec models at the Roundup then maybe maybe we can have our own subclass of GTs and be RECOGNIZED. Don't Mustangs shows recognize our car GT/CS as its own class???

Midnight Special

...Never heard of a "GT/CS Class". In years past, you were hard pressed to see few if any GT/CSs at many shows. Maybe now with the '07 & 08s, things can be different. Go for it and keep us posted!

Speakin' only for '68s which are indeed distinguished and rare, but only in cosmetics. All other options are same as other Mustangs.

Northern Pony

Our Calgary club belongs to a larger International Group comprised of 13 Mustang clubs from the North West USA and Western Canada, one of which is Spokane. We have a recognised California Special class in both stock and modified. Last year in Great Falls there were 6 cars in stock and three in modified. GT/CS clones ( tributes, recreation cars ) were placed in 68 modified.
Keep us informed on Seattle, we may have some interest up here, and July is a beautiful time to travel that route.
BoB

rvrtrash

I'd probably bring my '68 but darn it---July is my best rafting time! Tell us what day it is and maybe we can work something out. I wouldn't mind considering the Montana event also, and it's a lot closer.

Steve (Yes, I know I should be more dedicated but I'm just an adreneline junkie that needs a fix.)

koronen

I MAY be able to make it, Not sure though, since I am changing stations soon and have absolutely no idea what my work schedule will be like.

robert campbell

I was the co-founder of the Kitsap Mustang Club located in Bremerton Washington. After a few years we actually moved the older GT/CS cars into the Boss/Shelby class for our car shows to level the cars out. With the GT/CS cars in the stock 68 coupe class, as you can may imagine, they won most of the trophys for that class.

The first year we did that, Bob Thrower came to our annual car show. He was not happy when I told him that his car was going to compete against Boss and Shelby cars. Kinda gave me a verbal dress down. Well his GT/CS is a beautiful well detailed red GT/CS with black stripes and interior. Car show is participant choice and at the end of the day he won the Boss/Shelby/GT/CS 1st place trophy.

Came up to me after the show and told me this trophy meant more to him than any other trophy his car ever was awarded!! I had seen his car before and was not surprised.

The GT/CS in similar condition competes well in the Boss/Shelby class!!

Not sure how they handle the new Shelby cars and the new 07/08's. I guess time will sort this out. The 08/07 GT/CS should compete well in the 07/08 class...

I guess if enough cars come they can create just a GT/CS class. Seems you would need a bunch of cars just for that class. Hard to do when you are planning a car show. You don't know who will show up.

Rob

calspcl

Mustangs Northwest Roundup

I entered the cal special in the 2006 mustangs northwest round up you are refering to. There were three 68 GT/CS cars entered. There seams to be a dozen of us 68 owners with-in a one state/province travel distance to this event. I am sure there is another dozen + with 07/08's. Its a huge event and could be a great setting to get the northwest region crowd together for our 40th anniversary...

robert campbell

Sounds like a great idea! I know of 3 in my area, and we used to have 5. Get Bob T. form Canada to come down.

The pony trail drive is always a great event. We could get ALL YEARS of the GT/CS cars together. May convince MNW to let us all be together in the show on Saturday. Maybe come up with a 40 years banner. My car is more of a driver, but I go to shows for the fun and camaraderie.

Rob

Mosesatm

Does anyone know exactly what dates we are talking about?

I plan on taking another road trip to Eastern Washington (Omak) this summer so if the timing works I could head over the mountains for a few days. My usual route is over Snoqualmie and Blewitt but I may catch the North Cascades Highway at Methow and take the scenic route this time.

GT/CS S Code

Dates and further info for this event?

Again, we're also curious as to what the dates and location are for this event? We might try to fit this one into our summer schedule too, as we're not too far away to attend (Victoria, B.C.), and we'd really like to hook up with Arlie at this one to meet him in person (along with any other members from this site).
Any rough estimate of entry costs, or any contact data as to who is organizing the event to confirm our participation if we can make it?
Cheers,
Al & Laurie
aka
"GT/CS S Code"

68 special

I believe it's the 17th- 20th of July at Bellvue community college. The 17th is the drags at SIR. 18th is the Pony Trails, haven't heard the route yet. 19th is the Judged show. 20th is the Peoples Choice show. I go every year, but never entered my car cause I didn't feel it was up to par. Maybe this year.

Bret

robert campbell

Have not been to the roundup since the early 90's. Saturday used to be the peoples choice show. Thanks for the info.

Bret,
My car is somewhat of a daily driver. Even goes in the rain. Hate to admit that I once had studded snowtires mounted on painted style steels (still have them) to match the other tires and wheels.... Went up to Hurricane Ridge in the winter for snow play!!

So not to worry, we can park togther at the end of the row!!

Rob

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Thank you all for your responses!! The Mustang Roundup, presented by MustangsNW, is a 4 day event: Thurs July 17th-Sun July 20th. I attended a prelim planning meeting so I know that Thurs is the racing day at an undecided location-won't be at SIR. Friday is the Pony Trails, maybe to Leavenworth, starting at Bellevue Community College. Sat is the judged show for the registered cars, and a huge banquet. This is where I spoke up for our CS models and got corrected that we are placed in the regular "GT" class. Sunday is the People's Choice Show. There is info from last year's Roundup and soon a flyer for the '08 Roundup at

www.mustangsnorthwest.com

There may be a pre-registered option so we'll know how many CS are coming. You can also tell me so I can rub it in if there are enough CS to make our own class!! Ha Ha!! Let me know if you are planning to come and I can update this information at the next planning meeting. Pls Bret, register your car! I will SPEAK UP and the next planning meeting if we have a lot of GT/CS possible attendees. This is so exciting! Hope to see some of you respond and tell me you'll be there! Any questions email me/IM @ aemoo28@yahoo.com

GT/CS S Code

Thanks for the info ....

Greetings again,
Great, now that we have the actual dating for this nearby event we'll try to work toward getting this weekend free and attending it.
Does the club have any recommeded hotels or motels that might offer any discounted price packages for the participants from out of town? It would be nice to have a number of the out of town cars and owners staying in one location for some "fun and fellowship", plus it might be easier to arrange for some extra security for the cars?
I hate to sound paranoid, but it is a bit of a concern to travel out of town and then suffer the loss of such a specialized vehicle or even just any of it's hard to replace GT/CS specific parts! :scared:
Hopefully if there were a fair number of similar cars in one hotel or motel location that would make such a possibility far less likely .... (OK, OK, ... paranoid mode: Off)
Hopefully Arlie can fit this event into his holiday schedule too, and maybe we can convice him to spend a couple of extra days up in Victoria afterwards!
Many thanks again,
Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I will find out more about any hotel discounts and security for the cars. It was minimally discussed at last meeting. PLEASE if I could have a vague number of Specials that plan on attending that would be g-r-e-a-t!! I could maybe reserve a CS section so we are a separate entity within the GT group. (maybe maybe wish wish...)

koronen

I have never been to a car show as an entrant, since I have never before owned a car worth entering....Right now I plan on taking my 08 GT/ CS to it though, since I will be stationed at Lewis during that time. Ill try to request those days off.

calspcl

Im in, in 2006 they grouped cars by year built, so, yes there would have to be special arrangements to get the 68', 07' and 08' GT/CS's parked together. If you have not been, its worth going, its advertised as the biggest mustang show on the west coast!

risaak

I'm in also, I am planning on bringing my 07 GT/CS the Mustang Roundup, presented by MustangsNW in Bellevue in July.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

This challenge is ON!

Sounds like a great idea! I know of 3 in my area, and we used to have 5. Get Bob T. form Canada to come down.

The pony trail drive is always a great event. We could get ALL YEARS of the GT/CS cars together. May convince MNW to let us all be together in the show on Saturday. Maybe come up with a 40 years banner. My car is more of a driver, but I go to shows for the fun and camaraderie.

Rob

Here's the deal: I'm a MNW member. I went to a planning committee. Was told the CSs are classed with GTs. I complained vehemently and was told by judging circle to get 8 or so GT/CS cars together to attend- and THEN it may be considered to do a CS subgroup. (Translated: I need to know who/how many are considering attending so I can be my pushy Virgo self with MNW!). At the very least I can beg to have our own GT/CS area on Saturday/Sunday dedicated to our cars.

1)Koronen? 2)risaak? 3)calspcl? 4)rvrtrash? 5)Robert Campbell? 6)Gt/CS S Code? 7)68 special? 8)mosesatm? Anyone else?

I will update with info that has been approved to share with you ASAP! Contact info: aemoo28@yahoo.com
Amy's GT/CS is car of the month for MNW!
http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page10524.asp?pid=10524&tid=10552