• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

On my way to a car show......

hotrodgrany

Here is another story of the cops and the GT/CS. I was on my way to the car show this week end, when I remeberd I forgot my purse, well had to head back home, after nearly being there. On my return, I guess was in a bit of a hurry and our friendly highway patrol deside to pull me over. When he came up, he said nice car, and asked for the usual items. I proceeded to tell him where I as going and that Ford desided to change the speedomitor, and there are only in segments like 10, 20,40 on it, there are no 30, 50 mumbers on it, so it is sort of a guessing game. He checked everything out and said have good time and :icon_no: ticket. All in all, I just think he wanted to check my car out. They will do anything check out these cars, right.......:wink:

Midnight Special

...That's so funny. And true!
Back when I had my first GT390 CS in the late '70s, a cop pulled me over (thinking I was going to get a ticket) to tell me he thought I was running too rich, cuz of the blue smoke in between gear shifts. He said; "lean it out a bit and see how she performs" followed by "have a nice night" ;-)

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket Kathy. I agree that your haste gave him the opportunity to get a good look at your beautiful car.