• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Looking for clock parts

mbsf1970

I currently have my oem clock in for conversion to quartz movement and the repairer says that "The set stem is missing the return spring." also, I guess some oil got on face and it may or may not be cleanable.
Anyone have an old clock that can be used for parts??
Stephen

Toy68CS

I need to get mine converted. Where did you send it and how much did it cost?

GT/CS S Code

When we converted our clock I bought the quartz conversion kit online and my mechanic buddy who has lots of electrical experience did it for me. He said it wasn't all that difficult. The only thing to remember is that if you put your car up for the winter (like I do) you need to hook your battery up to a battery tender. My clock will kill the battery in a couple of weeks from just sitting. (Plus the battery tender will give you longer battery life anyway ...)

Ruppstang

I have converted four or five of them. The kits cost around $80 and it only takes thirty minutes to do the second one, not having to read the directions. Most anyone that is handy can do it.