• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pebble Beige anyone?

P

PNewitt

Maybe I'll have the only 1/2 gold, 1/2 white striped black GT/CS car out there. Cut it right down the middle. You won't know unless you're looking at it from behind where the upside down "u" stripe on the trunk is gold on the left and white on the right. How does THAT sit with you?

Well, yeah, you could do it like how the Green Hornet stripes are....but a car this old should have as much that at least looks original, and less modified to represent it well on the road. For instance...you don't want to be places and meet people for the first time and then say...well, the stripes are non-stock, and this and that aren't stock...but...but...it really IS a GT/CS!!

I'm not quite the purist, and I appreciate customization, but as these cars get older, they demand more and more originality put back on them. What if you saw a '56 T-Bird with 70's looking stripes and "stuff" on it. Or a '56 Chevy with a bunch of gold plated stuff on it.... you'd think that the person was a little more into attention, and less into representing the car as it was. There is a fine line between stock, custom and "too much". Just my opinion...

Go with 100% WHITE stripes, Amy... then we do "Project Beige" later....

Paul N.

Midnight Special

Well, yeah, you could do it like how the Green Hornet stripes are....but a car this old should have as much that at least looks original, and less modified to represent it well on the road. For instance...you don't want to be places and meet people for the first time and then say...well, the stripes are non-stock, and this and that aren't stock...but...but...it really IS a GT/CS!!

I'm not quite the purist, and I appreciate customization, but as these cars get older, they demand more and more originality put back on them. What if you saw a '56 T-Bird with 70's looking stripes and "stuff" on it. Or a '56 Chevy with a bunch of gold plated stuff on it.... you'd think that the person was a little more into attention, and less into representing the car as it was. There is a fine line between stock, custom and "too much". Just my opinion...

Go with 100% WHITE stripes, Amy... then we do "Project Beige" later....

Paul N.

...After you replace that tired motor with a 390 4-spd (instead of the other way around;-) Then you can be as original as "the most famous GT/CS"!
Imagine how the power, sound and performance will compliment that black beaut' (brute;-)
Just kidding. Once again - Neil nailed it :)

gazrox

Amy,

Forget the Pebble Beige - its just not going to fit that "devil car" image we all have after your adventure.

Gary

P

PNewitt

Having a Pebble Beige CS (one of, well, we'll say 35 for now), is kinda like finding out that your Candy Apple red CS was once white, and belonged to Bozo The Clown, and that it had Circus art all over it...and...and...it was a one-of-one Mustang...and the Circus Museum values it--as restored to the clown specs--at $80K!

AAAHHH! What to do?

"IF" Amy ever brings it back to PB...it would be the only one I've ever known of in that original color. I've only known of two others--one in Las Vegas, and one in Ohio--both painted other colors.

What to do? It's all about heritage! (Whether you're clowning around or not!) LOL!

Paul.

Mustanglvr

Having a Pebble Beige CS (one of, well, we'll say 35 for now), is kinda like finding out that your Candy Apple red CS was once white, and belonged to Bozo The Clown, and that it had Circus art all over it...and...and...it was a one-of-one Mustang...and the Circus Museum values it--as restored to the clown specs--at $80K!

AAAHHH! What to do?

"IF" Amy ever brings it back to PB...it would be the only one I've ever known of in that original color. I've only known of two others--one in Las Vegas, and one in Ohio--both painted other colors.

What to do? It's all about heritage! (Whether you're clowning around or not!) LOL!

Paul.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Having a Pebble Beige CS (one of, well, we'll say 35 for now), is kinda like finding out that your Candy Apple red CS was once white, and belonged to Bozo The Clown, and that it had Circus art all over it...and...and...it was a one-of-one Mustang...and the Circus Museum values it--as restored to the clown specs--at $80K!.

Not liking this comparison, P. You know the # for PB.

I was thrilled to find out that underneath the newly painted black was the rarest color CS made. Wait till I post the Elite Marti to the site. This is why I brought the color dilemma to the forum. It would be a shame to have one of x cars NOT brought back to its original color. Also the reason why I didn't give up on this stupid car. I will force it to behave, and bring it back to form, even if it means giving up my '08. (Yes, you heard me correctly.)

franklinair

Too bad you're so far away from me. I could have that baby purring like a kitten, with no glitches to bother you. Only trouble is, I only know how to work on BLACK cars.:cool:

Neil

P

PNewitt

Not liking this comparison, P. You know the # for PB.

Sorry Amy...

my only excuse for writing such nonsense is my apparent Hct (hematocrit) "crit" level is low, due to a certain black CS 'biting" me....(OH! the carnage!!) LOL....

Actually "IF" you brought it back to PB, it would be a one of a kind GT/CS, and original. Quite the bragging rights. I looked at the color chip, and it isn't all that bad. It's like the color of fine interiors in expensive cars. Like a warm grey/tan. Black stripes were the only choice on that color, too.

We'll get you all set up...and I'll see about doing the GT/CS equalivalent of a "barn raising" in parts and labor for you, too. This will be a group effort.

Paul (redeemed?) :p

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I love you guys!

It's such a straight body on this car, and the black is so shiny- I wanted a black one... So... maybe I'll keep it black. Can't wait to get the Elite Marti breakdown! If it were PB, no one but CS peeps would know the rarity. The outsiders (non educated) would see the biege pinky color and run away, thinking it's so ick.