• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Do you think I could sell 2K GT/CS Books?

robert campbell

Paul,
As Tim said... Go forward with confidence. We can front the risk! You owe it to us and we owe it to you! Establish the pre-sale and remove the risk! With the 07's and 08's hot, you need to sieze the moment!!! Who else can do this but you!

Rob

John McGilvary

Even Saleen books are still sitting on shelves and hes bigger than the GT/CS

You seem to be neglecting, ignoring, or completely minimizing the '68 GT/CS, and '66-'68 HCS owners. IMHO more '68 owners and enthusiasts will buy the book than '07 owners and enthusiasts.

I agree Arlie,

The Mustang enthusiasts in my area, and there are alot of them, are very interested in the 68 GT/CS, HCS Mustangs, and Pauls book.

I thought the Saleen books were just used for sales, not for restoration or history. The die-hard Mustang people I know have only come to notice the 07GT/CS because of the intrest in the 68 GT/CS in the last few years. They have heard of the Saleen, but are more interested in the new Shelby and Mustang GT.

John

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

You've certainly paved a long enough runway - so... "Time to take off" ;-)

I guess I stopped at the $4 gas.....then you guys sent this big tanker truck and filled my tank.

I'm ready now to "throttle up" the P-51.

Thanks, Tim.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul,
As Tim said... Go forward with confidence. We can front the risk! You owe it to us and we owe it to you! Establish the pre-sale and remove the risk! With the 07's and 08's hot, you need to sieze the moment!!! Who else can do this but you!

Rob

Thanks, Rob,

Very encouraging words. I appreciate it very much.

OK--I'll do the mailing now, with the pre-sale offer. The timing is right on the marque, as the '08s come out (which will be the icing on the GT/CS cake!).

Paul N.

Midnight Special

I guess I stopped at the $4 gas.....then you guys sent this big tanker truck and filled my tank.

I'm ready now to "throttle up" the P-51.

Thanks, Tim.

Okay..... Up we go!

Put me down for five!!

Attachments

• IM000601.JPG
    IM000601.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 446214-R1-23A.jpg
    446214-R1-23A.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 446214-R1-19A.jpg
    446214-R1-19A.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 446216-R1-17A.jpg
    446216-R1-17A.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 446214-R1-13.jpg
    446214-R1-13.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 18

68 GTCS

Paul,
You have invested alot of time and money already, Your determination is appeciated. I myself admit to checking the mailbox looking for the preorder form, like a kid waiting for the decoder ring to show up. I think you will have no problems selling the 2000 books. Infact, since this book is the only one on the market that covers the GTCS & HCS in detail, and proably will not be another book like it, it sounds to me like a win win. Count me in for at least 2 to 3 books. Thanks again for your time and countless hours of research.

Kevin

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I never had a Christmas as good as today has been.
Thank you all, again.

Paul.

68 special

I like the way Kevin put it. That's the first thing I do when I wake up in the afternoon, since I work graveyard. I grab the mailbox key and run , ok a fast walk, to see if my secret package has arrived. I grab the junk mail and toss it aside and then I let out a sigh. I mope back to the house with tomorrows mail drop at the top of my list. My wife tells me to quit acting like a little kid and go repair the fence. She just doesn't understand. Needless to say I can't wait for Santa Newitts elves to leave me a present.

Thanks for all you've done Paul. It's greatly appreciated.

Bret

Perkchiro

Paul: I just read this post and I probably can't add anymore than what's already been said but I'll give it a try. You are the "grand Poobah" of the GT/CS world. You have done so much to make our cars more recognized and appreciated by the public. I too have been anxiously watching your posts and notes of progress on this project. It sounds like you've already invested a lot of time and energy so in my humble opinion, don't give up now. Count me in for a prepaid order. We want this book, no we need this book to elevate or cars to their rightful place of recognition. You are poised to let that happen. Keep up the good work and let us know how we can be of help to you.

All the best Paul!!

2007GTCS

Paul,
A little late joining the party on this thread, but I agree with the people who recommended offering a "book only" package and then the full "enthusiast" version with the DVD and decals, etc... To add to the kudos above, thanks for all the hard work you're putting in to this project!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I think it was put very well to say that "we owe this to each other to get the book done and out"... I agree.

My current project ends May 31. Come June 1, it's a rush to get the book done ASAP. Thus begins the 24/7 "lockdown" and it begins to happen.

I know it's been a little dramatic, but to be so well supported is really moving. All those years of help and enthusiasm has come really come together.

I'm cracking the whip on the "Newitt Elves", and gettin' it into high gear. Next stop: mailing label land, envelope land, and book flier land.

You guys....LOL!

Paul N.

njmop

I'll pay more...

$100 may seem a little high to some non GT/CS fans, but for all of the goodies it seems like a bargain. Keep as much of the book in color and I'd pay more than $100, just like I did on ebay for your 1996 book in less than stellar condition and w/o any goodies.

Best of luck...

68gt390

Paul;
I have been reading this thread with much interest. With all that has already been said and done the only thing I can add is this ---

"WE NOW HAVE THE DIECAST MODEL, NOW "WE (ALL OF US)" NEED YOUR BOOK".

Don

07GT/CS

Even Saleen books are still sitting on shelves and hes bigger than the GT/CS

You seem to be neglecting, ignoring, or completely minimizing the '68 GT/CS, and '66-'68 HCS owners. IMHO more '68 owners and enthusiasts will buy the book than '07 owners and enthusiasts.
Im not minimizing anything.Im just stating the facts.Everybody into cars knows Who Steve Saleen is,but not everybody knows what a GT/CS is let alone a book for the model.From a business standpoint its not worth it.Theres alot of money to be put up for a book before it sells one copy.Would I buy one sure.Even at $100.But there wont be a line outside a bookstore to buy it.Im looking at this as strictly profit.I know the GT/CS history pretty well.Thats why I bought one.

390cs68rcode

Im not minimizing anything.Im just stating the facts.Everybody into cars knows Who Steve Saleen is,but not everybody knows what a GT/CS is let alone a book for the model.From a business standpoint its not worth it.Theres alot of money to be put up for a book before it sells one copy.Would I buy one sure.Even at $100.But there wont be a line outside a bookstore to buy it.Im looking at this as strictly profit.I know the GT/CS history pretty well.Thats why I bought one.

I believe you are mistaken when it comes to the GT/CS book.

Mosesatm

Paul;
I have been reading this thread with much interest. With all that has already been said and done the only thing I can add is this ---

"WE NOW HAVE THE DIECAST MODEL, NOW "WE (ALL OF US)" NEED YOUR BOOK".

Don

How well have the models sold?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

As a side note, there will be a bit in the book about the development of the die-cast GT/CS, along with Don's part in making that happen (thanks, DON!).

After some other conversations in the past few days, this whole book question is coming together well, and I have to thank several folks for their help and guidance.

I feel very lucky to have this kind of support.

Paul N.

robert campbell

Paul,
We all feel lucky to have your dedication and energy! You are why we are where we are today.

Rob

hotrodgrany

Paul,
We all feel lucky to have your dedication and energy! You are why we are where we are today.

Rob

I concure with you, even though I own one of the new generation GT/CS, it is of great interest to me of the roots of this awsome Mustang and worth every cent. I will be ordering at least one, it not more as soon as they come available.