• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Trunk weatherstrip

Maine gt/cs

Before I tool off the trunk lid, It fit perfect. Nice and level across the end caps and trunk lid. I replaced the weatherstrip with the one from Branda for the fiberglass trunk lid (after finding out I couldn't even shut the trunk with the one for a steel trunk lid) and I can't even begin to get the end caps and lid to be even across the top. I have to slam the lid hard just to get it to close. The only thing removed was the lid, catch on the trunk lid. Before I put the stripe kit on, Is there anything I can do to get the lid and end caps to lay even again. Thanks for any help and advise that you can give me.

Tim

gt/csj4

Have you adjusted your latch down some more(the one in the trunk held by three bolts i mean)? And/or fiddled with the hinges and moved the around to line up? It isn't so agressive that it is deforming the decklid? I have experienced the similar fate on the 67 and if I remember correctly it just took a bit of adjustment to set it right then after some time and the summer heat the rubber eventually smashed down some and I adjusted the latch upwards once more. Never had an issue after.

somethingspecial

The end caps and deck lid were never "even" from the factory. The deck lid was "warped" from the mold and stuck up on one end. You can sometimes finesse them to be even, but you sometimes will find the opposite corner (closest the rear window) might stick up. You can drive yourself mad trying to make it even when it was never even to begin with. Look at several pictures of original cars and you will see the stipes line up, but the deck lid stick up.

gazrox

It will settle down eventually. Mine was out of whack until a few months went by and not it closes easily and evenly