• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Seat Belt Color

somethingspecial

seatbelt date codes.

I just purchased a set of seat belts with a 1068 date code. If you look at the white tag on the belts, you will find this code. The date code is 1068, the 10 is the week, and 68 the year. Check the week code, then compare it to the car build date. If they are within a few weeks before car build date, chances are they are originl. BTW, I have Ivy Gold interior, and mine have black belts also. Mike

hicountrybob

C160223 said:
Don
attached are pics of the seatbelt warning light and Parking brake warning light. The seatbelt light relay is mounted to same brakcet on firewall that fuse panel and foglight relay are mounted to. The yellow wire is connected to "ignition" power. and the light socket is connected behind dash panel next to the right turn signal arrow. All 68 dash panel have this provison for the bulb. When the ign is turned on, the "belts" lights up for about 10 seconds. The parking brake light is an optional accessory for cars not equipped with the conveinence control package. The red lens and bulb socket are mounted on left lower corner of dash as per dimensions on instruction sheet. (requires drilling a hole in your dash). The switch is mounted on the end of the brake lever and one wire from the bulb is connect to the switch and the other wire is connected to power (ign - key on). When the level is pulled, it closes the switch, completing the circuit and the bulb lights up. Unique bulbs are used and the light flashes on and off instead of being constantly on...
Until recently, I had one exactly like the one pictured. It had a C1 part #, I believe, and did not have a ZZ but an AF or an OF. What is the part # on this box, please? HC Bob here.

C160223

hicountrybob said:
What is the part # on this box, please?

Bob
the part number on the box is C8ZZ-15A852-A, I have also seen the same parking light kit with a C7ZZ part number. Is the part you have with the C1 number, exactly like the one in the picture? or does it have a thick chrome ring around the red lens?

hicountrybob

C160223 said:
Bob
the part number on the box is C8ZZ-15A852-A, I have also seen the same parking light kit with a C7ZZ part number. Is the part you have with the C1 number, exactly like the one in the picture? or does it have a thick chrome ring around the red lens?
John, a thick chrome ring, I believe. Thanks for your followup. HC Bob here.