• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Drivers Side Scoop

68 GTCS

I noticed while inspecting my side scoops that my drivers side scoop appears to be an aftermarket. I would like to replace it with an original (pinkish color fiberglass) scoop. With close inspection, I noticed that the original looks deeper where the screen is. If anyone has the drivers side scoop (or a pair)that they want to sell please contact me.
970-405-9486
Kevin

OP
OP

68 GTCS

Thanks for the quick response. Is there any difference between the left and right side? It doesn't say so they are probably the same. I agree, nice find.

I'll see if he still has it.
Thanks,
Kevin

390cs68rcode

Thanks for the quick response. Is there any difference between the left and right side? It doesn't say so they are probably the same. I agree, nice find.

Thanks,
Kevin

not sure if there is a difference. JD (the owner) will know when you call. He is the most knowledgable person I know when it comes to Mustang parts.

BTW I HIGHLY suggest you use him for anything you need especially NOS parts.

Mosesatm

Yes there is a difference. There is no way to make a scoop for one side fit the other side.

Thanks,
Kevin

OP
OP

68 GTCS

He just has it listed as a lower side scoop, doesn't say left or right. I'm waiting for a reply from him, hopefully its the drivers side.
Thanks for the heads up.

Kevin

OP
OP

68 GTCS

I purchased that side scoop from that websight you suggested but I may have to return it. The recessed screw holes are filled in and when I held it up to the quarter panel it looked like it needs alot of modifications. The part numbers are written in the inside they read 58M3 (3 or 5) and 63290A77-B. Does anyone know if this was common for Ford to have hand fitted the scoops when being installed or should they already be hand fitted for quick installation?

I need your help on this one.

Thanks,
Kevin