• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 68 GT/CS price????

mojocat27

I just bought my 68 GT/CS for $8000. The only thing is the paint/interior is incorrect and it has wrong size motor in it....has 289 and should be a 302. Other wise it is a daily driver other than needing ball joints? Did I pay too much??????

franklinair

Welcome!
$8K doesn't seem too high- depending on condition & authenticity. I'm sure many collectable cars don't have all matching numbers.
Do you have a Marti Report? What is the VIN # ? Can you post photos?
You'll find lots of help & encouragement here.

Neil

Midnight Special

...Indeed, photos and any details of flaws such as possible rust etc... VIN#, Marti report and anything else that can help us help You! $8K may or may not be too much at this juncture (in my opinion).

OP
OP
M

mojocat27

I go get her today and will post pics as soon as I can. The Marti report also goes with it. The body is pretty straight no rust or damage. The paint should be white with a red stripe but is red with a white stripe and the interior is black and should be red. The previous owner already restored the carpet back to red. Also there is a 289 in it and should have a 302.

Northern Pony

From my prospective ( coming from southern Alberta ), if it has no rust and can be your daily driver, it is definitely worth $8000.
Up here a 68 plain jane coupe, as you for that kind of money.
BoB

Northern Pony

sorry about that, my wording in previous post should have been;
" as you describe would go for that kind of money"
BoB

OP
OP
M

mojocat27

The paint desperately needs re done and there is a spot on the trunk lid that needs fixed other wise no rust. Inside is fair shape. I am happy with the price : ) I just wanted an idea of what you all thought.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
there is a spot on the trunk lid that needs fixed other wise no rust.
Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but that sentence makes it sound like you've got a rust spot on your trunk lid, which shouldn't be the case since it's supposed to be fiberglass.

Anyway, I think it's a decent deal. Your original color combo is a sharp one and will look great if you decide to restore it back to original.

Welcome to the site... and the obsession! :grin:

OP
OP
M

mojocat27

Can't really tell the damage on the trunk as it is covered by duct tape that got painted over when the car got painted. I am not gonna remove it...and the trunk doesn't leak. The paint job was really really bad : ( When she gets a real paint that will get fixed.