• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Seafoam Green GT/CS Project on E bay

classicsguy

Item# 190192174231

Please someone post a link to this car. It looks like a very solid project in California and with an unusual color. Post your comments on this one.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

This is the 2nd GT/CS for sale from this seller. The first one was a J -code project.

There is an auction going for the 390 fastback.

This GT/CS looks good,its missing the fog lamps but I like this color of seafoam green.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Can anyone guess what this one will go for? I believe it might go for over 10K What do you guys/gals think?

BroadwayBlue

I don't think it goes over 10,000.

Looking at the additional pics it needs work.
The interior needs a full replacement, some rust in the floorpans.

No pics of the underside, frame etc so that would be something to get a better look at.

It's not a total project it has hope if it finds the right home. My guess is 10,000.

Although it's over $5,600 on 20 bids and still have almost 9 days to go

heliaster

I don't know, the last GT/CS this guy had up went for 11 something. The body of this one seems to need less work, interior kits are cheap, and the last one's interior was in no better shape. It does look like the floorboards are in need of work but I still wouldn't be surprised if this gets close to the 11-12 range.

I kind of hope it does, it'd make me feel good about what I paid for mine!

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I don't know, the last GT/CS this guy had up went for 11 something. The body of this one seems to need less work, interior kits are cheap, and the last one's interior was in no better shape. It does look like the floorboards are in need of work but I still wouldn't be surprised if this gets close to the 11-12 range.

I kind of hope it does, it'd make me feel good about what I paid for mine!

I agree with you....this car will surpass the 10k and will get the 11-12k range. The only thing is that the other car was a J code and this is a C-code car but as you said the condition is better and I like the seafoam green color because its rare.

HappyHour

Im with Broadway....I would be surprised it going over $10K I would want to be looking at car that I can road test personally or more intact. They didnt bother to take pictures of all the effected areas just list as disclaimer.

I saw some project CSs "mostly there"in the past mostly languish around 8K just last year in SoCal. There was the one in LA that was running needed apron and parts that were included at rebuild shop which took offers. Those had history and where partially restored.

This project "AS-IS" CS looks like will require significant more money to resolve all the known and unknown issues laundry list. The money needed to restore or rebuild especially with non matching engine\numbers and no info on options would also be a factor?

That being said I have seen prices go where I wouldnt expect...Im still trying to figure out the 390 at BJ and how to timetravel back in time to buy it. :wink:

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Im with Broadway....I would be surprised it going over $10K I would want to be looking at car that I can road test personally or more intact. They didnt bother to take pictures of all the effected areas just list as disclaimer.

I saw some project CSs "mostly there"in the past mostly languish around 8K just last year in SoCal. There was the one in LA that was running needed apron and parts that were included at rebuild shop which took offers. Those had history and where partially restored.

This project "AS-IS" CS looks like will require significant more money to resolve all the known and unknown issues laundry list. The money needed to restore or rebuild especially with non matching engine\numbers and no info on options would also be a factor?

That being said I have seen prices go where I wouldnt expect...Im still trying to figure out the 390 at BJ and how to timetravel back in time to buy it. :wink:

I was reading the e bay ad and it seems like the car has its original engine and transmission,I believe that this is a numbers matching GT/CS.

HappyHour

Your right my mistake it is a C code, must have gotten in confused on the thread info. They say the door, dash, and apron match. I wonder why they didnt check the engine number instead say "its most likely original".

Actually that would go to show that its pretty complete. They got the additional pictures of interior trunk and interior rust? No underneath or if cowling is rusted.

http://ebay.carad.com/viewItem/viewAllPhotos.cfm?listing=9576977&template=48

Would be nice to get a Marti and checkout other options. Seems it has AC, drum brakes, etc. Other peoples questions are interesting. Add another $1200 hundo to ship?

Anyone bidding? Since its a base 289 and has alot of interior work I would say it would be more of a bargain. Skeptical of it hitting $10K (im feeling $8K+). I posted a complete one for $12K in Whittier.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/car/547136439.html

Robert
(still trying to go back in time and buy the 390)

Last edited:

franklinair

Engine compartment photo shows a P/B booster,= front discs if original.
Neil

somethingspecial

From what I can see from the pictures and discription, this would make a great investment. It currently is at $6,500.00. Great potential. It looks like it is all there, minus the fogs as he stated. Even the heatshield and S tube are in place, rare these days. Rt. Qtr panel looks to be easily repairable. Couldn't download any interior pics, but with the cost of interior kits being reasonable, not a to expensive fix. If I had the money, I'd invest. Hopefully it won't climb to bad. JMHO Good luck. Mike

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

From what I can see from the pictures and discription, this would make a great investment. It currently is at $6,500.00. Great potential. It looks like it is all there, minus the fogs as he stated. Even the heatshield and S tube are in place, rare these days. Rt. Qtr panel looks to be easily repairable. Couldn't download any interior pics, but with the cost of interior kits being reasonable, not a to expensive fix. If I had the money, I'd invest. Hopefully it won't climb to bad. JMHO Good luck. Mike

I agree with you...its a good investment. If it stays near the 8k marklooks like a very solid start for a project car.. let see how it ends!!

BroadwayBlue

Yup that about where I would have put it. About $777.78 over. :grin:

I think that qualifies you to play for the big showcase!!! Tell them that they can win Bob! ... (imagine Price is Right theme in the background ... da da dada ... da da dada ... da da da da da da da da da da da .... da da dada ...:icon_ecst )