• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD 1968 GT/CS Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

classicsguy

I am selling my 1968 California Special project. This will not be the cheapest project on the market but I doubt that you will find one as SOLID as this one.
This GT/CS still has the original quarterpanels,floors trunk floor and never repaired cowl. It spent its life between California and Nevada.
It has the original engine that Car Quest partially rebuilt ($1,800.00 in parts and labor) original transmission needing rebuild goes with car.
I purchased this car as a project and have bought a lot of parts and sheet metal which will be included with the sale.
New Dynacorn passenger door
New Ford tooling fenders
NOS side scoop
NOS rear valance
New Dynacorn hood
Tail light panel(Metal) used original
Decklid (used original from GT/CS0
Decklid extensions (used originals)
On its way to the restoration shop the car fell from transport truck head first. Once it arrived the car was taken to a frame shop and then the restoration shop put 2 new shock tower assemblies from Laurel mountain mustang and shop owner was so impressed with the quality of these parts that once finished he said that car is now better than it came from factory. At the time he adviced to replace the original torque box and he did.
This California Special is now sealed primed and ready for paint. Factory color is Pebble Beige with black interior.
The pictures in the ad were taken before it was sealed primed so you can check the panels,straight as an arrow.
The interior is mostly complete but needs refurbishing,front glass needs to be replaced
The grill is also missing. Marti report is included
If you have any questions about this car please contact me by PM or e mail me and will answer all questions

Attachments

• CIMG4985.jpg
    CIMG4985.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 103
  • CIMG4989.jpg
    CIMG4989.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG4995.jpg
    CIMG4995.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 93
  • CIMG4991.jpg
    CIMG4991.jpg