• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS CJ - R Code

case12

I just noticed that Scott Adams posted a GT/CS 428 today in the gallery. Welcome Scott. Do you have a deluxe or elite Marti report on your car? - If so, we would love for you to post a picture of it as well. We have been eager to learn more about the R code GT/CS.

Casey

hookedtrout

So where is it posted? I looked through the gallery 3 times, did a search on the name and I didn't see it? Either I'm losing my sight or mind, probably both.

Cory

Mustanglvr

Go to the Gallery link at the top of this page. Not the one along the side. Those are the old Gallery pics.

68gt390

Scott;
Nice to finally see a 428CJ on the site and another big block from the Seattle area. Have anymore pictures you could post? How long have you owned the car and when was the conversion to the 4 speed done?

Don

scott adams

just joind site hello to every one. when I seen the thread on engine/transmissions I thought every one would like to see this car. this is #R160376 in the 1996 registry. the deluxe Marti report did not say how many GTCS with this engine/transmission. I will be getting the elite report hopefuly it will.

390cs68rcode

scott adams said:
just joind site hello to every one. when I seen the thread on engine/transmissions I thought every one would like to see this car. this is #R160376 in the 1996 registry. the deluxe Marti report did not say how many GTCS with this engine/transmission. I will be getting the elite report hopefuly it will.

How long have you had the car? Can you give us some history on it? From what we have found out your car is only 1 of 3 CS's with the 428. Rare car.

wanna sell it? :grin:

scott adams

jbsteven said:
How long have you had the car? Can you give us some history on it? From what we have found out your car is only 1 of 3 CS's with the 428. Rare car.

wanna sell it? :grin:

the Marti report says it was orderd for retail on 4/10/68 by a ford dealer in Gresham oregon build date 5/15/68 . I bought the car in 1983 drove it for 2 years then started to restore it. Did not get it back on the road until 2001.I dont have A scanner or I would post more pics and the report.
I was surprised to hear only 12 CS & HCS where made I always thought it was 20 or more.

390cs68rcode

scott adams said:
the Marti report says it was orderd for retail on 4/10/68 by a ford dealer in Gresham oregon build date 5/15/68 . I bought the car in 1983 drove it for 2 years then started to restore it. Did not get it back on the road until 2001.I dont have A scanner or I would post more pics and the report.
I was surprised to hear only 12 CS & HCS where made I always thought it was 20 or more.

Scott:

If there is some way I can help to get the Marti report or the other stuff you have on the car online please let me know. If you want to make a copy of the stuff you have and mail it to me I will post it on the website for you.

OP
OP
case12

case12

Scott, If you have a digital camera, you can take a picture of the Marti Report and post it in your gallery.

We are very excited to have you join the site with so few "R" codes out there. We have had trouble discerning how many R code GT/CS's there were (very few, since the R code came later in 68 and the GT/CS's were built for only a few months starting in Feb). A "retail" order was generally a customer specified order.

Can you tell us more about what you have done to the car? Original engine, drivetrain, etc? We are eager to learn more.

Thanks, Casey